Sunday, March 9, 2008

52 Blessings Project, Week 10


Today let me express my gratitude for this wonderful man and the blessings given to me because of Him in a song. It is called If The Savior Stood Beside Me. The Primary Children in our church (kids ages 3-11) will be singing this in Sacrament Meeting (the main meeting of our Church) in the fall.
If the Savior stood beside me, would I do the things I do?
Would I think of His commandments and try harder to be true?
Would I follow His example? Would I live more righteously,
If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?

If the Savior stood beside me, would I say the things I say?
Would my words be true and kind if He were never far away?
Would I try to share the gospel? Would I speak more reverently
If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?

If the Savior stood beside me, would my thoughts be clean and pure?
Would His presence give me strength and hope, and courage to endure?
Would His counsel guide my actions? Would I choose more worthily
If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me?

He is always near me, though I do not see Him there
And because He loves me dearly, I am in His watchful care
So I'll be the kind of person that I know I'd like to be
If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me.

7 comments:

Cindy Price said...

That is such an incredible beautiful song. It is wonderful for us to remember that Jesus our Savior is watching over us! I'm so grateful for Him too!!

Aprilyn said...

I need to post the melody on here too. it's so beautiful!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

I love this song and I am so thankful for the Savior as well. Love your blessing this week!

Anonymous said...

i LOVE that song. i just got called to be the pri pres in jan. today when our chorister played that song on cd, so the kids could hear how it sounded before she started teaching it to them, i almost started crying. children are such a great reminder of our Savior!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Thanks for sharing this song! We are learing it, but all we've learned so far is the 1st and 2nd verses. It is beautiful and I love the picture... I have it too! :)
The Savior is THE greatest blessing!

LJ said...

Thanks so much for sharing such beautiful, inspiring words. I have never heard it before. It really uplifted my spirits today! I loved the picture too.

I hope all is well. The new pictures of the boys are adorable!! Have fun enjoying the spring weather with your new trampoline! My kids keep begging us for one- someday maybe! :)

heather said...

I just heard this song for the first time on Sunday when I was subbing in Meg's class. It is one I think we all should sing and learn...the message is perfect and I love it!