This week I am grateful for Poison Control centers. I called them last night after Marshall sprayed air freshener in his eyes. I was in the kitchen reading The Ensign, when Marshall came in rubbing his eyes and kind of whining. He started crying even more so I picked him up and noticed he smelled VERY strongly of Lavender. I knew immediately what he had done so I ran him to the sink and started trying to wash his eyes out. He kept crying harder, telling me they were really hurting. Brian grabbed the bottle of air freshener to see what ingredients were listed. Then he took Marshall to the bathroom and got him in the shower while I called the doctor (who said to call Poison Control). Poison Control told me to spray water in his face for about 15 minutes and try not to drown him.(Oh, really??!!) After that was all done, I got him in his jammies (this was now 7:30pm) and had him lay on my bed with Nathan and watch a movie. Then I finally grabbed dinner and ran out the door to go Visiting Teaching, (a program in our Church where every month you visit a few women in the church and share a gospel message). When I got home, Brian said Poison Control had called back to check on Marshall and since he was fine they closed the case. What a crazy night!!
Sunday, March 30, 2008
52 Blessings Project, Week 13
This week I am grateful for Poison Control centers. I called them last night after Marshall sprayed air freshener in his eyes. I was in the kitchen reading The Ensign, when Marshall came in rubbing his eyes and kind of whining. He started crying even more so I picked him up and noticed he smelled VERY strongly of Lavender. I knew immediately what he had done so I ran him to the sink and started trying to wash his eyes out. He kept crying harder, telling me they were really hurting. Brian grabbed the bottle of air freshener to see what ingredients were listed. Then he took Marshall to the bathroom and got him in the shower while I called the doctor (who said to call Poison Control). Poison Control told me to spray water in his face for about 15 minutes and try not to drown him.(Oh, really??!!) After that was all done, I got him in his jammies (this was now 7:30pm) and had him lay on my bed with Nathan and watch a movie. Then I finally grabbed dinner and ran out the door to go Visiting Teaching, (a program in our Church where every month you visit a few women in the church and share a gospel message). When I got home, Brian said Poison Control had called back to check on Marshall and since he was fine they closed the case. What a crazy night!!
Labels:
52 blessings project,
Marshall,
poison control
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
You are so blessed...that is the worst!
Meghan once got a whole bottle of shampoo in Caleb's eyes and we had to get his eyes flushed at Primary Children's. I think it was just as painful for me as it was for him. Just last week I caught the kids spraying Febreeze all over their themselves and Caleb frequently pumps spray butter into his mouth...must be something about spray bottles!
Oh Heather, I wonder sometimes if they will live another year!! They get into SO much mischief so quickly! Last time we had to call Poison Control it was because he drank almost an entire 8 oz bottle of white board cleaner. He never had any side effects from it. He told me it was yummy. Arrrgghh!
I'm sure most parents have called Poison control one time or another. They are wonderful aren't they!! I also believe that Heavenly Father is watching out of our little ones. I'm glad that Marshall is just fine!!
Thank heaven he is alright, poor little guy. Been there and done that with my 3...just take a deep breath and try to relax...always remember it could have been worse.
peace, love and many blessings
Kim
Holy cow! Glad that he's better.
"try not to drown him"? hahaha, like that hadn't crossed your mind while you were trying to reasure the kid you weren't trying to KILL him!
what a night, I'm impressed they called back to check on him. who knew poison control is the only department out there with good customer service?!
Post a Comment