
I am grateful for doctors. Actually, I'm most thankful for Marshall's sleep doctor. Dr. Pfeffer specializes in Pediatric Pulmonology and sleep disorders. She is trying to help us get Marshall to sleep through the night. He takes a medicine called Rozerem now. We have tried LOTS of meds on this child to try to get him sleeping through the night but nothing has worked consistently. Rozerem does the best of anything so far and Marshall slept through the night 2 nights in a row this week!! I think that's some kind of record!! Tomorrow night he has another sleep study so we will see what the results of that tell us. I know I'm so tired but I also know that Marshall is ALWAYS tired. It's hard on a little body to not get enough sleep. He has only slept through the night maybe 30 times in his 3 yr old life.
9 comments:
Poor little guy! I hope your doctor can help. You are probably dying for a good nights sleep yourself!
This is a great blessing and one we need to remember - The Dr. of course becasue I for one would NOT have wanted to go to that much school and the Sleep part. We forget how much we enjoy our sleep untill we can't have it!
Yeah for good doctors! That would be rough! My oldest didn't sleep til he was 3, but he finally figured it out! {he's almost 14 now and he likes sleep!} Good luck I hope they can figure out how to help your son sleep.
YEAH!!!! for sleep...I am so happy that they have found something that works for him.
I love sleep... why cant the kids always sleep through the night?? Maybe I can get me some of those drugs for my kids. hehe... xo seriously, I am glad you have a good dr.
YAY!!!!! Life looks so much better with some good sleep.
Good luck getting some real long-term solutions...I would be SO VERY GRUMPY all the time if I had only had 30 solid nights of sleep in the last three years.
Although, now that I think about it, between the wakings of my four children I get woken up in the night quite a bit...hmmmm...maybe that is why I do feel grumpy a lot...hope I am hiding it from my kids.
Honestly though, good luck.
That has to be hard on all of you! Doctors are amazing people, and it is so nice when you can find one that fits your needs. I hope that your little guy continues to get the sleep that he needs!
I can't begin to imagine the ramifications of having a three-year-old who gets so little sleep. Poor guy! I truly hope this continues to work for you!
Post a Comment