
See that woman in the picture above? Doesn't she look happy as she swings her shopping bags? Well, I had to shopping today. Now, while I love to buy stuff for others, I absolutely DETEST buying things for myself...especially clothes. The only thing that can make me face the misery of shopping for myself is my husband threatening to buy me a pink tutu if I don't go. Every time I hear the total, I cringe and call Brian and immediately start thinking of what I can take back. He just laughs because he knows I don't splurge. I just buy things we need. Brian has decided I am missing the Shopping Gene. Good to know. As Popeye would say:"I am what I am and that's all that I am." It's so great that Brian loves me even if I am missing the shopping gene because I'm not planning on changing any time soon!
8 comments:
I miss it too... :P
I love to shop!!! I will shop for you if ya want...lol...Shopping is great!!!Yeah shopping....lol
Mom of 3...you can shop for me as long as you spend your money..lol. :)
haha! What a good way to put that. You're a good woman for only buying the necessities!! I don't like shopping for clothes for myself either. No fun!
Hey...I say be who you are! That's a great philosophy to life. Have you ever tried thrift shopping? Those who know me will laugh at that question but it has alawys helped my mall/ "I can't spend that much" phobia. You can find some great and modest clothes ;0
I guess my only problem with thrift shopping is that I HATE having to go there over and over again to attempt to find some clothes that might fit.
I'm with you Aprilyn, I have a difficult time shopping for myself also!! I think you would be surprised how many women are the same way.
Here's another fun trick I have learned...I ask for a gift card for Christmas at a store I can only buy clothes at. It has worked the last couple of years. You are right though about thrift shopping, sometimes it is really hard to find what you are looking for! ;0
Post a Comment