Friday, March 28, 2008

The Flowers That Bloom In The Spring, Tra La


I have been thinking about flowers that bloom in the spring because my sister Stefanie is getting married in May. Every time I say "Flowers that bloom in the spring", I can't help adding...Tra La. Then my head is filled with the wonderful music and hilarious lyrics of the Gilbert and Sullivan Operetta, The Mikado. I once performed in that operetta and had a blast!! It's very challenging music but for me, the more challenging the better. None of this unison stuff...give me the songs with different harmonies going all over the place. I wish I could give you a sample of this song but I have yet to figure out how to put it on my blog. Until then, think of Stefanie getting married in the Spring and I'll sing, "The flowers that bloom in the spring, tra la." You should really watch the movie sometime. It's so funny. Nate and I love to watch it.
Speaking of flowers..does anyone have any suggestions for Stefanie on what flowers to use at her wedding? We can't spend too much money and she is getting married May 16th. We want to use real flowers.

1 comment:

Cindy Price said...

Sounds like a fun song, Aprilyn!! I have never heard of Mikado. I guess I'm leading a sheltered life. It looks funny though, so I will see if I can find it.

How exciting to have a wedding in the family. What are her colors? I love daffodils, if her colors are yellow!! She could just carry one long stem rose or a lily or something like that. You know anyone who has a flower garden? Good luck with the wedding!!