Sunday, March 16, 2008

52 Blessings Project, Week 11


I am grateful for family dinners! The 2nd Sunday of the month, everyone in my extended family gets together. Usually the dinners are at my Uncle Mack's house. Sometimes we get to have our out of town family members join us but it's usually just the ones who live in Utah. Last week the dinner was at my Dad's house. This is a picture of everyone who came. We had a great time visiting with our family. I love my family and I miss the ones that live in other parts of the country. This time Diane's parents joined us too. My Dad's parents live in Texas and didn't join us this time. We will get to see all of the Grubbs family (or at least more of them) this summer at the Grubbs Family Reunion.

7 comments:

natalielange said...

i love that! what a great ting to live so close to family.

we have family dinner the 1st sunday of the month, so i know exactly what you're talking about!

great blessing!!

LJ said...

What a nice family! That is a great tradition to get together once a month. It's great that the boys get to know their cousins. Stefanie and her fiance look so happy! Please tell her congratulations for me. What a cute couple!

Cindy Price said...

How wonderful. My kids used to have cousins close by. I really miss my extended family that is spread out all over the US!!! It's great you got a picture of everyone.

Aprilyn said...

We take a family picture at every family dinner once a month. It's fun to look back at how the kids have grown. I will have to write about last summer's family reunion adventure in another post.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

How fun! Family is a wonderful blessing! We live in the middle of nowhere so we don't get to spend much time with my family. We do love that my in-laws live here and we get together most Sunday's for dinner! :)

Mom of 3 boys said...

Wow, that's a big family..I am just happy when the 5 of us can eat dinner together...I can't imagine having dinner with all of those people...all I can say is WOW!!!! You are blessed with a loving family.

Amy said...

I love that you take a picture each time you have one of the dinners...I always cringe at the thought of being in pictures, but am so grateful when I run across ones that I'm actually in. We just started doing dinner the first Sunday of the month with my husband's family. It's such a good way to reconnect when everyone is busy.