Saturday, March 8, 2008

Sleep Study Results

I got the results in the mail today. The doctor wants to talk with us about the results so we're going to make an appointment. The simplified result is that he is still suffering from Obstructive Sleep Apnea. The report from the doctor said he had 146 arousals or 18 an hour. Sixty-seven were respiratory related. Does that seem like a lot to anyone else?? Now, how tired do you feel?? Imagine how tired Marshall must be. He's always going a mile a minute and JUMPS all over the place. I'm not kidding, he jumped through the mall tonight when we went there to spend our gift card. He's a busy body who can't slow down even in his sleep. He also has a problem with periodic limb movements which is basically lots of twitching in his sleep.

4 comments:

Autumn said...

Oh my word!!! I cannot imagine. He's probably aching to sleep!! Does he keep you guys up too?

Aprilyn said...

Yes, he keeps us up. Sometimes he sleeps through the night but most nights he wakes up 2-5 times. It's exhausting for all of us!!!

jdkelly said...

I was hoping that the results would be better for you and him. I don't remember but have they talked about tying C-PAP in the past? though with his sensory issues that may be hard. I really hope they can figure out something and soon so you can all get a GOOD night sleep

Aprilyn said...

JoDee,
We talked about cpap but never actually tried it because he still was sucking on a pacifier. Now he doesn't need his pacifier anymore so we're ready to try it. I think the last time we had a sleep study, the doctor thought he was still obstructing because his airway hadn't completely healed. Unfortunately, that's not the case.