Sunday, November 16, 2008

52 Blessings Project, Week 46




This summer gas prices were so high that we didn't go ANYWHERE . We stressed about how to find enough money to fill our gas tank. Well, today I'm SO GRATEFUL that gas has finally come down below $2 a gallon. Yesterday I filled up at Smith's and used my .05 cent coupon for buying groceries there. I only paid $1.90/ gallon of gas. I was in heaven!!!

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

I'm so happy about it too. We didn't go anywhere over the summer but are doing a weekend trip real soon and will enjoy the lower gas prices!!

Cindy Price said...

Amazing, who would have thought???!!!

big8smiley said...

I am SO WITH you on that one! it has been really nice. I remember when gas went over the $2 mark and we were all freaking out. Those middle-easterners and our government sure have conditioned us, haven't they? I'm enjoying the lower prices for now. I'm worried that they will shoot up faster than they came down. I'll enjoy the moment while it lasts.

Megan said...

I'm feeling the gas gratitude too. We're down to $1.70. Yeah!! Although a little scary as well.

Jamie said...

That sign is hilarious. true true. I was just watching "Dan in real life" (good movie by the way) and while "dan" is filling his gas tank he mutters to his 3 daughters "there goes your college fund, well... there's karen's.... and that's Lucy's" (I'm sure I have the names wrong but you get idea!)

Autumn said...

I am SOOO with you. Today-don't hate me-it was $1.58 in Ohio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I buy fuel at Murphy's with a Wal-Mart gift card, which takes off 7cents per gallon. That puts me at $1.51 per gallon!!!!!!! I am SO happy. You bet I filled up!