TO PLAY CHRISTMAS MUSIC!! I can't resist anymore. Brian usually objects if I play before Thanksgiving but I really want to get good at Jon Schmidt's arrangement of "I Saw Three Ships" before Christmas. Not that I plan on doing a concert or anything. It's just I've been working on it for a few years and I want to get good at it. Now if only I can find time to sit down at the piano. I just changed my playlist and was able to only find a couple of Jon Schmidt's songs. If anyone knows how to make a playlist of songs you have on your computer, let me know. I have a ton.
A quick side note- Nate got to go to the Webelos Den today. Oh. My. Gosh! He loved it!! He came home all excited and ready to get to work. He has already done 4 things and has more in the works. He and Brian are going to make a simple crane using a block and tackle. Can I just say, I LOVE Cub Scouts?! I wouldn't mind if they keep me as Cubmaster forever. I love it. I've also been subbing for the Wolf Den leader. It's fun but I'm gettin burned out fast.
4 comments:
Hi Aprilyn,
You have been tagged - visit my blog to see what to do next.
Hugs,
Lisa
Ahhhh! I can't believe you are already on the Christmas music! Actually, I have to admit - I did pull out my Christmas piano book yesterday and give a couple songs a whirl. That Jon Schmidt song is hard to play, but so fun! That is one of my favorites too.
I'm glad you love your calling so much as Cubmaster. When I was in scouts I hated every minute of it and couldn't wait to get out. It's wonderful people like you who keep it going and make it so much fun!
I liked cubs as well. I was in for over 2 yrs and was much of the time doing the bears and wolves alone. So as much as I liked it, it did get hard because if dad was hospitalized or something I didn't have the freedom to drive to Phx to be with him. I would be letting too many boys down! I am actually glad for the break from cubbies. Benji will start in April though and I imagine I'll be back in there. lol
I've broken down and dug out the Xmas music too! Yeah!Scouts is such a fun program too.
Post a Comment