He really is asleep here even though his eyes look like they are open.
Yeah, sure Marshall. I almost believed you. He was SO tired all day. His doctor changed some medicine and it caused him to wake up at 2:45am and not go back to sleep. What a day...
Ohhh poor tired boy. Poor mom!!! Which meds did they switcharoo on him? We still have some issues with Benji's meds. It's a long process finding something right.
He NEVER zonks out like that...EVER!! I finally woke him up about 45 min later. I knew if I let him sleep, we'd have one heck of a time getting him to sleep at night. As it was, he didn't get to bed until after 9pm (bedtime is 8pm here). The ADHD doc gets to see this boy in his true form. For some reason, he feels safe there and can be himself. He literally climbs the walls (or tries anyway), jumps off chairs, tries to get out the door, jumps to turn off the light, screams and gets angry because I am filling out questionnaires and can't help him play with a Game Boy, etc. It's so so much fun. I know, I know, normal 4 yr olds do this kind of thing too but I don't have time to list how he's different. You'd have to be around him enough to know. He's got some issues but we're trying to get help. The doctor said we have to get Marshall under control now because if we don't, we'll be reading about him in the papers in a few years. This is serious stuff and we've got to help him.
Elliot did that the other day! We went to the store and he fell asleep in the car. Brooke had to stay in the car with him while we went in. On the way home he woke up and was soooo mad! We told him he needed a nap! LOL
He reminds me so much of my Collin. I'm sorry for the no sleep thing, I can relate. What do you do with a boy from 2:30 in the morning on?? I would have turned on the cartoons and gone back to bed.
Harry sleeps with his eyes open too - especially when he is exhausted. Poor little M-man he must have beyond tired. Hope the change in meds has the desired effects.
9 comments:
I don't understand how kids can sleep in weird positions like that. I hope Marshall sleeps better tonight!!
Ohhh poor tired boy. Poor mom!!! Which meds did they switcharoo on him? We still have some issues with Benji's meds. It's a long process finding something right.
Unbelievable that he just zonked out like that! I hope for both your sakes that it lasts all night.
He NEVER zonks out like that...EVER!! I finally woke him up about 45 min later. I knew if I let him sleep, we'd have one heck of a time getting him to sleep at night. As it was, he didn't get to bed until after 9pm (bedtime is 8pm here). The ADHD doc gets to see this boy in his true form. For some reason, he feels safe there and can be himself. He literally climbs the walls (or tries anyway), jumps off chairs, tries to get out the door, jumps to turn off the light, screams and gets angry because I am filling out questionnaires and can't help him play with a Game Boy, etc. It's so so much fun. I know, I know, normal 4 yr olds do this kind of thing too but I don't have time to list how he's different. You'd have to be around him enough to know. He's got some issues but we're trying to get help. The doctor said we have to get Marshall under control now because if we don't, we'll be reading about him in the papers in a few years. This is serious stuff and we've got to help him.
Elliot did that the other day! We went to the store and he fell asleep in the car. Brooke had to stay in the car with him while we went in. On the way home he woke up and was soooo mad! We told him he needed a nap! LOL
He reminds me so much of my Collin. I'm sorry for the no sleep thing, I can relate. What do you do with a boy from 2:30 in the morning on?? I would have turned on the cartoons and gone back to bed.
Harry sleeps with his eyes open too - especially when he is exhausted. Poor little M-man he must have beyond tired. Hope the change in meds has the desired effects.
Hugs,
Lisa (preemie-l)
wow he's sleepy? how about mom too! 2:45 am? YIKES!
Mom is always tired. That's why my nickname is Anita Nap. :)
Post a Comment