Sunday, November 23, 2008

Nathan's Birthday

I'm behind on posting my pictures because I got so sick. Nathan's birthday was Monday and he got a new bike lock from Marshall and new inner tubes from Brian and I.

He was excited about the new inner tubes but the funny thing is he had no idea that they were actually for a new-to-him bike. After school when he opened the garage, here is what he found--
The best thing about this new-to-Nathan bike is that he and his Dad spent the rest of the afternoon and evening fixing it up. He said it was the BEST birthday present EVER! He really loves his Dad!

Then on Saturday we had his party. He invited his 3 closest friends and I took them bowling. Here is what his cake looked like. It's pathetic, really. If I only lived in Arizona, I could have Amy make me a really AWESOME cake. Oh well..nobody really ate much of it anyway.
After the cake and presents, I took the boys (and Marshall) bowling. I had them work on the bowling belt loop and pin for Cub Scouts. Let the bowling begin!!!

They had to keep score on paper for one game for the bowling Pin requirement. Here is Leo taking his turn.


I got one lane just for Marshall and me. I let him bowl most of the time anyway. Will he knock them all down??

He had a great time!

A 10 year old boy's birthday party wouldn't be complete without a chorus of arm farts. So entertaining...



The noise at bowling alleys can get quite overwhelming to Marshall. He spent some time laying on the floor.


Two games of bowling later, we headed home to have our "crazy dinner". We were greeted by our very own French Chef (aka Brian).


The crazy dinner went a little differently this year. Brian decided to make a menu and have the boys draw a name of the utensil they will be eating with from a bag.
Here is Austin enjoying his Soggy Weeds with baby food on top. He chose to eat with the Quicker Flipper. The baby food is actually Asian Toasted Sesame Salad Dressing.


Leo drew out the Mummified Claw as his utensil and chose to eat his Soggy Weeds with Rusty Water, otherwise known as Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing.


Nathan's utensil was the Grabber Nabbers and he ate his soggy weeds with his favorite dressing: Camel Spit. OK, so it was really Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing.


Last but not least, Ben chose the Itty Bitty Stilts. He also picked Rusty Water to accompany his soggy weeds but in the end we decided to let all the boys eat Soggy Weeds with Camel Spit so as not to waste this delicious food!! (I didn't get the best picture of Ben. The side view will have to do!)


On to the 2nd Course: Gut Chunks and Maggots with a side dish of Dandelion Stems. Here is the description from the menu:

Gut Chunks and Maggots-
Our Chef’s specialty…tender chunks of guts baked in digestive juices and served on a mound of steaming maggots."

Dandelion Stems-
A wonderful crop of dandelion stems without the annoying flowers. Served steaming hot.
Eat up boys!
Austin easily maneuvered the Quicker Flipper as he ate his dinner.


Ben decided to spear the food. Chopsticks are the bane of his existence!


Leo's plan? Use your hands! It's much easier!


Nathan would pick up the food with the tongs (or, thongs as he frequently calls them by mistake), place the tongs in his mouth, then open them up. He thought it was easier that way.


The beverage of choice for the evening was Melted Yellow Snow, which was really Apple Juice. The menu description said, "Only the finest, freshest yellow snow went into this delectable beverage. But please don’t try making this at home."

Dessert was not forgotten! They were given Cowpie Surprise! "Who knew that cowpies could be so tasty? Baked to perfection and topped with a generous helping of prairie dirt."

It was a fun night that I hope the boys will remember. Aren't crazy dinners fun?!

5 comments:

Candy said...

LOL... that is soooo funny! and creative I might add!

big8smiley said...

What a fun, creative party! You really put on a great show! Brian is so nice to be the chef of the evening too. Seriously, those boys will remember that party for sure. :) Thanks for sharing!!

Rhonda said...

Ok that IS MY KIND O' DINNER!!! What was the cowpie surprise? I must know. he he

I know they'll remember fun nights like that forever and ever. You guys rock!

Aprilyn said...

Cowpie Surprise was a Cinnamon Struessel muffin (Cinnabon in a box baby!). It was good!

Amy said...

What a fun party! And I think the cake is awesomely creative. I would never have thought of a long bowling lane. I tend to make huge cakes myself, so it's seldom that we manage to eat all of it.