Monday, December 1, 2008

52 Blessings Project, Week 47



I am thankful that we got to go to my in-laws for Thanksgiving. I was SO SICK when we got there but thanks to a high dose shot of antibiotics and pain killers for my throat, I was able to get better later Thursday. I had been sick since Sunday. I haven't been THAT sick in a LONG time.

Anyway..thanksgiving..I loved being at the in-laws. Grandma entertained the boys and she loved every minute of it. I got to sleep lay on the couch like the living dead and watched more TV than I have in FOREVER!! I watched The Mormon Tabernacle Christmas Celebration from 2007 with The King's Singers. IT IS AWESOME!

Thursday morning I woke up at 4:45am and was feeling VERY nauseated. I laid on the couch and my mother-in-law convinced me to drink water (Oh, it hurt my throat!!!!) and eat tiny bites of bread with butter on it (which also hurt). When Marshall woke up at 5am, she entertained him and got him some bread. Then he threw up and I got Brian up. Brian held Marshall, Grandma kept helping me eat tiny bites and sleep here and there. Marshall fell asleep on the cold tile floor and I fell asleep far away from the fire place. I felt like I was going to throw up if I stayed near the fire. Little by little, I ate a bit more and was able to take my antibiotic and pain medicine for my throat. (Brian thinks the anti-biotic Augmentin is the reason I was feeling so sick to my stomach.) I was feeling better by the afternoon and even took a shower. I had to take a few more naps that day and lay on the couch more but I was feeling well enough to cook Thanksgiving dinner. Well, most of it anyway. Brian's Mom got the turkey in the oven, and made the stuffing. I did the rest. I was just glad to be feeling better.

3 comments:

Vidal's Nest said...

Bummer you were sick this year! Hopefully you are doing better.
Love your new family picture as your header

big8smiley said...

I'm so sorry you were sick over Thanksgiving! The blessing in that is that you were sick over Thanksgiving. Moms never get a chance to sleep all day and have others take care of the kids and the work. Thank goodness you were able to rest and possibly have it not last as long as it would have. I'm happy to hear you are feeling better now.

Megan said...

Wow, I'm impressed you got up that day and even attempted to help with dinner! Hope you're feeling better now!