Saturday, December 6, 2008

I've Officially Lost It

I'm going to sew again. It's been a while. I'm not good at it so I usually just don't do it but I'm dying to make some Advent Calendars and I got some really cute material for them. Now all I have to do is figure out how to sew it. Anyone have suggestions? I'm totally nervous about this but it's totally time to replace my Mom's old Advent calendar from the 70's. I bet Peterson's and Gibsons might even remember that one. Oh, how I wish I still lived in Naperville and could call in a favor to Sis. Gibson. I bet she could sew one up in no time at all. But then again, where would be the satisfaction??

4 comments:

Julie said...

There you are. I thought you just comment on everyone elses blog and not do your blog. Thanks for letting me know I had the wrong one. Now you will get comments from me. I totally love your blog. Very cute!

Mom G said...

April, you can do it! Just practice on a scrap to make sure the tension is correct and the stitch length is good. Wish I could make you one. And I still have the Naperville one!!

Amy said...

Oooh...I love anything handmade. Imperfect perfection, in my eyes. Good luck on your endeavor, and please post the results to inspire the rest of us!

big8smiley said...

WHAT??? SEW!! This is not the Aprilyn I know! Ha ha. Good luck with that - you always take on lofty projects. I haven't started into sewing either. I would love to try and make an easy square-piece quilt (I'm sure that's not even the proper terminology). Sewing is on my "one day" list. When you get your project finished you'll have to post a picture. I'd love to see it and admire your work!