Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Dear Santa Claus,

A letter from Marshall to Santa as translated by Mom-

Dear Santa Claus (like Wolverine's Claws)

My name is Marshall (insert full name including middle). I am four years old. I have a Tigger stocking. Mommy has a mom stocking, Daddy has a Dad stocking, Nathan has a Nathan stocking.
When can we visit you at the North Pole? I have been a good boy but sometimes I hit my brother. I always say sorry and give him a hug.

For Christmas I want a racetrack where they go wazzzhzzzh (he is making circles with his fingers while making this noise to show you how the track should go). I also want train tracks, Bertie the Bus, Spencer (a train), a Spiderman game for my V.Smile, cars, a Chuck E Cheese ball and a Chuck E Cheese hammer.

Merry Christmas!
Love,
Marshall

P.S. Mommy helped me write some letters for you on the paper. (there are a few scribble lines but he tried to draw an M and an A)
___________________________________________________________________

Cute, huh? He also emailed Santa. Have you checked out the Email Santa website? You can email Santa a letter and get an immediate repsonse, check the naughty or nice list, play some games, watch Santa doing his chimney exercises, and more. It's a fun place to visit and has a countdown of how many sleeps until Christmas. I found this a few years ago when Nathan still believed and it's fun to share it with Marshall now. He got a little freaked out when I had him watch the webcam of Santa...not sure why?! He is afraid of bad guys and monsters coming in our house. He says they will cut a hole in the roof, steal Mommy's key and unlock our door. You can't tell him it's not possible. Ok, so you can...but it doesn't work.
I made Marshall quit playing "fight the bad guys" and choose some pictures to print and color. He was refusing to do it when I suggested he could color one for Brayla who moved away in the summer. He said, "But I don't like girls Mom. Only you." I convinced him that it's ok to color one for Brayla even if he doesn't like girls. Then he rattled off a list of boys to mail one to. I told him we're not mailing a picture to Caleb, Camron, Devin and Kielan (not sure if I'm spelling that right). He loves playing with these boys from the ward just next to ours. He has had so much fun with them. We will just have to invite them over more often. We get lucky in that most weeks we get Camron 3 days a week (Marshall loves it!!!) but our schedules don't seem to match up with the other boys' all the time. We're definitely going to try soon though.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Those are so cool Aprilyn! I need to check that out and do it with my little ones! I bet even my older ones would get a kick out of it!

big8smiley said...

I like Marshall's letter - very cute! The website sounds fun, too. I haven't heard of that. :)