Marshall's sleeping has been getting worse. Yeah, I know it's hard to believe that it could possibly get worse but it did. He wakes up 8+ times a night just crying out in fear. He's terrified that monsters are going to get him and no matter how many times you reassure him that they can't and besides there is no such thing, it doesn't make a difference. I had a feeling that we changed too many things in his room at once and I was right. We used to have blue rope lights around the end of his bunk bed but they burned out and we didn't want to buy new ones. We had an extra regular night light and it's SO much cheaper to buy a package of bulbs than to buy rope lights. Well, the night light casts eerie shadows on his wall. I also changed his nighttime music because Nathan was so sick of listening to it that he wanted to scream. Marshall needs the music playing all night in case he wakes up so he doesn't wake up too much and then not go back to sleep.So, why do I title my post, "I HEART Freecycle"? Because I posted on there that I was desperately in need of some blue rope lights because blue isn't too bright and because we're so tired and I'm so sick and need some sleep!! I got 3 replies with offers for rope lights. So now I have 3 strands of blue, 1 white, and one green just in case. Here is a picture of the happy boy sitting on his bed when I turned his rope lights on. He was SO THRILLED to have them back. He was literally jumping around so happy!! Here he is holding Spiderman, his favorite toy that he loses at least 10 times a day. :)
Remember that post about Nathan's birthday? He was TOTALLY THRILLED with the new-to-him bike I got for FREE on Freecycle. (That link goes to the Provo Freecycle group. If you don't live in Utah County, you can find a group in your area. They have them all over the place. I think even all over the world!) Nathan is getting the biggest present he could ever imagine for Christmas and it was FREE. Sure, it needed a little TLC from the Astronomer in our family (a.k.a. Brian) but that was easy for him. It does require a few parts but the total cost was about $60 which makes me so happy!! Just wait until Christmas Day. These boys are gonna be SO EXCITED! I can't wait.
6 comments:
Ohhhhh man!!! An astronomer had to give it TLC? I know what it is!!! Ben would love, love, LOVE one of those!!! Great job on being such a resourceful mommy!!! Lucky kids!
Yay Freecycle! I am a true believer and am actively recruiting more members! That is SO awesome about getting 3 sets when you only asked for 1! Did he sleep better with them?
That's great! I'm glad things are going good for you.
Unfortunately he did NOT sleep better. I wish he did. I went in there twice, Brian went in once, then I went in again and ended up sleeping for a few hours in his bed. I could have slept on the cold, hard floor at that point. I was SO TIRED!!!
I'm sorry to hear about his worsened sleeping habits. That is so hard and I don't even know how you get through it! I agree with you about Freecycle. It is a really cool idea and I've used it here and there. I especially love how I can post something big that I can't haul away and within a few hours someone is here to pick it up! It's fun. :)
Hello Aprilyn! I know a kid who also is afraid of monsters. So his mum and he drawed a big poster together which said: "It's forbidden for monsters to come in!" or "Monsters stay out!" they sticked it at his door and another one at the window and that helped him. Probably you should try it. Many greetings from snowy (but not much) munich! Katja
Post a Comment