Friday, November 14, 2008

I've Had Enough Prop 8

I still stand by my convictions that Homosexuality is wrong and that The LDS Church members are being unfairly targeted. Unfortunately, this "discussion" on Prop 8 is getting us nowhere. If we were actually having a FACTUAL debate, it would be one thing but all that is happening is the people FOR Prop 8 say one thing, the people against it say another and we are always arguing the same thing. ENOUGH! No more talk about Prop 8. I need to go on with my life.

I talked to my good friend today. I expressed my concerns over the violence and protesting over Prop 8 and she gave me some good advice. She told me that as horrible as it all is, it isn't really affecting us personally right now. What we need to be doing is trying our best to have a loving, safe home. We need to get our food storage together (I've been working on it but it needs improvement for sure), we need to get clothes in our 72-hour kit, and we need to get some money set aside for a "rainy day". So, I'm going to do just that. I will not discuss Prop 8 anymore. If people continue to try to argue about it, I will make my blog private. Oh, and I need to work on Cub Scouts and cleaning my house too. The living room looks like a tornado hit it. OH yeah, one did. A four year old tornado hit it!

No comments: