Sunday, June 15, 2008

52 Blessings Project, Week 24

This Fathers Day I would like to post pictures of some of the men in my life who have made a difference to me.

I'm grateful for my Grandpa. He stayed with our family after Mom died. He makes delicious Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies and was always serving our family! He is not a man of many words. Every day before I went out the door for school, he would tell me to not forget I'm a queen. It used to bother me because I felt NOTHING like a queen but he knows my worth. He sees what I can become.


My Uncle Mack is a great guy too. He is kind and loving and listens when you talk to him. He is always busy serving others. He is usually the last one to eat at Family Dinners because he's taking care of Grandbabies and making sure the Moms get a chance to eat.

Actually, both of these people influenced my life but since today is Father's Day, Judy will get left out. Sorry Judy! Randy was not only my Bishop, he was my Dad's best friend. He was/is a good example of service and love towards others. He cares about people.

Last but not least, my Dad. I can't find a recent picture of him because he's always photographing everyone else! He has a talent for Photography. He is good at many things. He took up gardening and is referred to as the Master Gardener of the Grubbs Family. He taught me to work hard and get the job done right the first time. Do you know how much I WHINED about working all the time? Now I am so grateful that he put up with my whining and made me work anyway. He loves his family! He and Nathan have that special bond that only Grandfathers and boys can have. They love camping and hiking together. I'm so lucky that my Dad takes Nathan on so many fun hikes and camping trips!

There are several other men I could list but I don't have a picture of them. Randy Feil influenced my life. When I was so sad after my Mom died, he took the time to talk to me and comfort me.

One of my Bishops in Bountiful was John Stringham. He showed love and compassion to all he came in contact with. I'm privileged to know these wonderful, righteous men. They hold the Priesthood of God and honor it. They are wonderful examples to me.

4 comments:

Vidal's Nest said...

Great post!Sounds like you had some wonderful influences in your life. What a blessing!

Megan said...

So sweet to read, and it's nice for your boys to have wonderful men in their lives to influence them as well.

Judy said...

Hey, how fun was that to find that handsome hunk of mine on your blog? You have had some pretty special men in your life.

Cindy Price said...

What wonderful men you have had in your life!!