Saturday, June 7, 2008

Inventing, Day One

We took Nate to a Hobby Shop today and he had the HARDEST time making up his mind on what he would get. He finally settled on a Electronics kit. It has equipment for making a simple motor, a light and some other stuff, all powered by a battery. He spent a few hours playing with it and has already completed everything in the book that came with the kit. Now he wants to use this stuff to make other things. We also went to the library and got some books on inventing. Nate is such a thoughtful little boy! He said you have to think of a problem that you want to fix and write that down. He hid in his room while working on his "problem" because he said it was a secret for me. I saw his paper and he wrote that the problem was, Mom tries to clean the living room but Marshall just messes it up so fast. His solution? He rigged a hanger with a small spool and some wire. Then he taped some yarn on the spool and another piece to a bucket so I could put small toys in it and pull them up to the toy box. Cute huh? I also signed him up for some Science Classes at the Provo Library. I'm going to have to see what Orem is offering. Here are some pictures of his simple motor experiments.


No comments: