Monday, June 9, 2008

A Family Walk

Marshall is not one to sit still for Family Home Evening. What 3 yr old is?? Nathan was doing the lesson and it was taking far longer than he had patience for. Ok, so he was already upset when the lesson started. Marshall just wanted to go for a family walk...in boots. Yup, he told us we all had to get our boots on so we could go for a family walk. I told him my foot hurts so I need to wear my shoes. He said "But Daddy and Nathan have to wear boots." Dad talked Marshall out of it too so Marshall decided just he and Nathan would wear boots whether Nathan wanted to or not.
For the FHE lesson, Nathan had us all write down our testimonies. It was such a great idea but poor Marshall had zero tolerance for sitting still today. I gave him a piece of paper to color on and he decided to make "Another path to the Spirit World." I asked him who is in the Spirit World and he said "President Hinckley." He's absolutely right. I told him his Grandma Helen is there too and he gave me a funny look. He's such a darling little boy.
Here is Marshall with his boots and swimming suit on. Isn't he such a cute little boy? I think so, but then again, I am biased.

3 comments:

Vidal's Nest said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vidal's Nest said...

I haven't done FHE for so long. Good for you for doing it! Maybe I'll try again :)

big8smiley said...

Sounds quite familiar - just like our FHEs with our little 3-year-old boy. :) I told Jeremy today that I am trying to be patient while he throws out his 3-year-old antics and I hope that my guidance will turn him into a decent and nice little boy. Also, hopefully I can continue to "guide" despite my frustrations in dealing with him!

It's great to have cute pictures of these frustrating little kids because the pictures remind me of their innocence. Marshall is cute!