Monday, October 6, 2008

52 Blessings Project, Week 40


I am grateful that I had the opportunity to watch General Conference. With young children, it is hard sometimes to actually get anything out of Conference but I tried really hard and the kids were amazingly great! I felt so much peace as I listened to the speakers. I felt we were being told to hang in there. Nobody got up and said, "We know the economy is about to crumble but you are all going to be just fine." Nope. They told us we are going through some hard times but remember that the Lord knows about our hard times.

Dieter F. Uchtdor, 2nd counselor in the First Presidency, talked about faith and hope. I loved it. I really loved all I heard from everyone. I am listening to it again now. Isn't the internet WONDERFUL!

2 comments:

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Loved conference! Wasn't the children's choir wonderful?

Rhonda said...

it was so great! My favorite part was when he talked about going through hard times and how we always look forward to a "time" that may or may not ever come. We need to find JOY IN THE JOURNEY TODAY!

Something to really keep in my mind as I struggle with many different challenges-find joy right now, right here! I'm workin' on it!