Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I Am Not A Builder



My boys like Tinker Toys and LEGO but I am so bad at building! I try to follow the designs on the box but have you ever tried to build a bulldozer out of TinkerToys??! I'm not cut out for this kind of work. I can not build anything! I am not creative that way. I can't think of what to make with LEGO either. I just copy designs in the idea books and it takes me FOREVER to build anything. I have resigned myself to the fact that I was not made for building stuff. I've got the music thing down but I can't build. Does anyone have any ideas of what you can make with LEGOS and Tinker Toys?? HELP!!!!!

4 comments:

Cindy Price said...

I wonder if it is a boy thing??? I'm not good at building either!!

Amy said...

We've never had tinker toys, but my boys are such legos fanatics that perhaps that's something I should look into. They love to build. I don't have enough patience to sit & do it with them very often, but sometimes it's fun.

Rhonda said...

I am not a builder either. If only tinker toys had strawberry smelling hair and came with a comb...then I'd know what to do with it.

I did however help ricky build a very intricate enormous pirate lego ship a couple weeks ago. I'm embarrassed to say that i was beyond proud of myself for the accomplishment. I followed some very detailed, tedious book instructions. lol

Judy said...

Oh, just keep on singing and let someone else teach them to build!