Thursday, October 16, 2008

Why The Background??


Ok, if you know me very well, you KNOW I don't like pink. Nope, it is not my color. Purple, I can handle but my most favorite color is still blue. So, why the background? It's because October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. My mother died 15 years ago as a result of reoccurring breast cancer. I was 18 yrs old, the 3rd of 6 children. It was an awful experience. I missed her (still do) and was miserable for a long time. Well, as long as I could milk it. :) I never realized that other people were sad about losing my Mom too. She was an influence for good in so many people's lives.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, Aprilyn. I had no idea. I can't begin to imagine how hard it would be to lose your mother. And at such a formative age. That certainly brings meaning to the word "awareness". I think you're amazing!

Mom G said...

We all loved your mom and your family. That was a sad time for so many. So glad that we were able to be a part of your lives. Cancer is awful!

Cindy Price said...

Thanks for spreading the awareness.

You mom, sounds like she was such a wonderful person. It is wonderful that you have great memories.

Vidal's Nest said...

So sorry to hear about your losing your mother so soon!
Hope you remeber to check monthly yourself!