
My Uncle Mack is always naming things. He nicknamed all his children and now his grandchildren. He also comes up with names for other things like our family Conference Tradition. He calls it a Heart Attack Breakfast. Why, you ask? Well, that's because he is providing lots of cholesterol to those who wish to have a heart attack come on sooner. Uncle Mack (and I think he had help from his wife, Kaye and their daughter, Julie) cooked the whole meal. We just had to show up. There were scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and sausage gravy, and orange juice. My family is from the South so they love biscuits and gravy. I'm from Naperville, Illinois so I do not. That's OK. I enjoyed the bacon, eggs, and juice.
After breakfast, we all watched Conference. It's nice to have extra hands keeping all the kids busy and quiet so we can listen to General Conference. After the 1st session of Conference ends, we celebrate the birthdays of that month. This breakfast is in place of our regular monthly family dinner. We had a whole bunch of people to sing to for the month of October, including Marshall and I. For the members of the family who don't live close, or who can't make it to the dinners, we call and sing to them and have someone blow their candles out "by proxy" as Uncle Mack would put it. It's a fun tradition. Who doesn't love more than 20 people singing them Happy Birthday? The kids love taking turns blowing out the candles for the people who aren't there that month.
6 comments:
What not love biscuits and gravy?! :) What a fun tradition.
That's such a great tradition. Sure makes the family look forward to conference even more, I'm sure!
I'm with you on the biscuits and gravy. Not my idea of breakfast. It's nice there were options for you. Really it sounds like a fun tradition and the name is fitting, for sure! Please don't do that.
There is nothing better than family traditions!! Your family has some great ones.
Sounds like a lot of fun.
Hey, I was going to ask if you ever found the forum on the feeding tubes? We're putting a g-tube in Caleb next week and making the decision on what kind to insert. Thank you so much!!
What a fun tradition. We might have to try that out in April!
Post a Comment