Saturday, October 25, 2008

You Say It's Your Birthday...

You say it's your birthday! (Duh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh) It's my birthday too. (Duh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh)

My birthday present was....drumroll please....A SCOUT LEADER UNIFORM!! WOOHOO!! :)Brian and I are the Cubmaster and Asst. Cubmaster for our Pack. After we went to Pow Wow last week, we felt like we could no longer rationalize not having the full uniform so we bit the bullet and got the stuff. That's what I get for my birthday.

Today we are going to play with my sister Jenny's kids, then have a birthday party for Marshall with 3 little boys. Tonight, Brian and I are going to UVU to see Glenn Beck. He's being presented with some kind of award. I hope it's fun.

Right now, Brian is at Cubmaster Specific Leader Training and I am listening to Marshall scream at Nathan every minute or so. I had to wake up Marshall to take Brian to the Scout Office for training. So far I'm ready to duct tape my children to their beds and blast some music in my room so I won't have to hear them crying at me.


My birthday, Oct. 25, 1974


My Mom always told me I was Queen Elizabeth in this picture. :) We were still living in Toledo, Ohio when this picture was taken.


This one says it was taken in 1979.


This one is me with my brother Jeff in 1979


Learning to ride a bike at our first home in Naperville, Illinois.


I will have to find the original of this picture so I can see when it was taken. I remember we used to use our Dad's T-shirts for pajamas. I loved to sit on the ground and pull my legs up inside the shirt.


I used to play the violin but I quit. Now I play the piano.


6 comments:

Mom G said...

Happy Birthday out there - both of you! Those pictures were so cute - you were an adorable little girl!

big8smiley said...

Happy Birthday to You!!!! It totally sounds like you had a typical "Mom" birthday. It just isn't much fun anymore once you get older.

It's too bad there isn't somewhere moms can send their kids on their birthdays, or some magic pill we can feed them to make them be perfect for the day.

The pictures of you are cute. :)

Cindy Price said...

Happy, happy Birthday!!

Judy said...

Aprilyn, so sorry I missed your birthday. I think going to see Glenn Beck was an awesome way to celebrate a birthday. I really like him!

Rhonda said...

those are great photos Aprilyn!

Happy birthday to yoU!!!

Mom of 3 boys said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
love your pics....they are great...