Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Nathan Is Having A Great Week!


On Monday, Nathan was given the award, Geneva Giant of the Week. This is his certificate. A Geneva Giant is a great student. I'm so proud of him. He certainly deserves it!!

Also, last week was Red Ribbon Week where they teach the kids about saying no to drugs. There was an essay contest and I convinced Nathan that he should write an essay, even though we only found out the night before it was due. Well, he won first place!! He got a $25 gift certificate to a place called Liberty Land Fun Center. It's a new place that has a few things. It's small but it looks like it could be fun. Anyway, here is the 1st place essay that Nathan wrote:


When I was younger, I made up my mind that I would never do drugs. Why do people do drugs? Whenever it is Red Ribbon Week I think about my Uncle Ryan. He is addicted to drugs and alcohol. Right now he is in prison. It makes me sad that he is in prison for the second time but it makes me happy to know that everyone else is safe. If he would stop doing drugs he could have a good life. He is 32 and he is not married, doesn’t have kids, and can’t get a job because no one wants to have someone work for them that steal from people. I have so much fun with my Dad. If my Uncle Ryan stopped doing drugs, he could have fun too. I’m really hoping that he will turn his life around and stop doing drugs and stop stealing from other people. I just don’t get it why people do drugs because they ruin their life. Most of the people who do drugs get put in prison. My Dad’s cousin died because of drugs. I hope that someday people will stop doing drugs and stop ruining their lives.

5 comments:

Lisa - Mum to Mitch,Harry and Jack said...

Sounds like Nathan is a very bright young man.

Hugs,
Lisa

Farr Family said...

You go Nate! Way to go! Sounds like Geneva Elementary is working out good for hims this year! That's awesome! Does he still have his blog? I'd like to read what else he has to say!

Aprilyn said...

He gave up on his blog because people didn't comment on it. Silly boy...

big8smiley said...

That is a cool essay! I love hearing how kids view their world and how surprisingly accurate they perceive things. Way to go, Nathan!

Rhonda said...

great job Nathan!