Monday, October 27, 2008

55 Questions About Me

If you actually make it through 55 questions about me, I'll be shocked but here goes anyway. My friends Amy and Candice put this on their blogs and I finally got around to doing it.

1. What time did you get up this morning? That depends on which time. I woke up around 3:30am but I didn't know why. Brian was in the living room because he couldn't sleep. He's got strep throat and has been really sick. After that I didn't sleep well because I knew I didn't set my alarm and I had to actually get up before the kids today. :)

2.Diamonds or Pearls? I guess Diamonds since I have a diamond ring. I'm not really into jewelry.

3. Last movie you saw at the cinema? Nathan and I saw The City of Ember. We had both read the book back when he was in 2nd grade and we LOVED the book. The movie was pretty good too but as usual, the book was SO MUCH BETTER!!!

4. What is your favorite TV Show? Uhm..The Glenn Beck Program?? Maybe?? I dunno. The only time I turn on the TV is when Marshall is watching Curious George or The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. People don't believe me that we don't watch TV here. We just don't have time for it. I used to like Survivor but I haven't seen it in like 4 yrs I think. It's on at a bad time.

5. What do you usually have for breakfast? We rotate between eggs, pancakes, Eggo Waffles, and cold cereal. Oh, and sometimes we have mush (Cream of Wheat) too.

6. What is your middle name? I don't have one. Sometimes I put my maiden name down as my middle now.

7. What food do you dislike? BEANS!!! I still hate beans and sourkrout! My mother said I would grow to like it. She was wrong. I still hate both of those. The worst beans are black eyed peas and lima beans. They make me gag just thinking of them!

8. What is your favorite CD at the moment? Cherie Call, He Gives Flowers To Everyone.

9.What kind of car do you drive? The same as Candice- Kia Sedona- but mine is green and the seats are a bit different. I vastly prefer the bucket seats in the middle over the bench seat we have.

10. Favorite Sandwich? Peanut Butter and my homemade Raspberry Jam...yummy!

11. What characteristic do you despise? lying, backbiting, cheating

12. Favorite item of clothing? My comfy flannel PJs. I got them from Costco and they are mens so I have to sew up the fly still.

13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? I would go to Mannheim, Germany because I have always been fascinated with Germany and because we could do some family history research there. The Buckleins came from there.

14. Are you an organized person? Nope. You should see my desk and my house! It's a shame!! I'm really trying.

15. Where would you retire to? I have decided I really love Utah County. So, if my kids want to stay around here that would be great. I never thought I would be happy in Utah after growing up in a suburb of Chicago.

16. What was your most recent memorable birthday? There's a tie on this one. The first is my birthday in 2003. We had been married for 6 months and Brian surprised me BIG TIME! He got a friend to convince me to help at a Fall Festival in Saratoga Sprigs and while I was gone, he arranged to have some guys help him take out the loveseat in our living room and replace it with a piano. He loves to hear me play and I need to play. It relaxes me. The 2nd one would be my birthday 2004. Marshall was one day old and I was recovering from an Emergency C-Section. I was groggy and in tons of pain, both emotionally (worried sick about my baby) and physically (C-Sections REALLY hurt!!!). Since then, my birthdays don't get much notice. They kind of suck. I actually did enjoy Glenn Beck last week, even if it wasn't MY idea of a birthday present. It wasn't a surprise and it wasn't my idea either. Moms just have to sacrifice. My mom always made birthdays a big deal and I miss that. Maybe someday my Dad will remember he missed my and Marshall's bdays. Hi Dad!! I still love you, even if you forget.

17. What are you going to do when you finish this? Empty the dishwasher, load it again, sweep and mop the kitchen floor, then crash in bed.

18. Farthest place you are sending this? I have a friend in New Zealand that reads my blog. Does that count?

19. Person you expect to send it back first? Don't you hate these questions? I always hate them because I don't really care!

20. When is your birthday? October 25th. I just turned 34.

21. Morning person or a night person? I used to be a morning person but now I'm just not getting much sleep in either direction. :)

22. What is your shoe size? Do you even care?? 8 1/2..but who really cares anyway?

23. Pets? None, thank goodness. I can't handle more than what I have going on here already.

24. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? I didn't yell at my kids tonight! I'm trying to be a better Mom.

25. What did you want to be when you were little? A music teacher and a Mom.

26. How are you today? Tired. It's been a long day.

27. What is your favorite flower? I like roses because they remind me of the rose bush in our backyard in Bountiful. I love Lilacs because they remind me of my Mom. She loved lilacs. One year I gave her lilac perfume for Christmas. She didn't like it and I felt so bad. Now I totally understand. Would you wanna go around smelling like a lilac? I don't think I would.

28. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? Wednesday when I take the boys in the Wolf Den to the Provo Library. I totally love that place! Maybe it's because my Mom used to live close to there when she was in college and my Dad used to have some classes there. Or was it he went to church there? I can't remember. Either way, I think of my parents as young college kids.

29. What are you listening to right now? Cherie Call- Where Faith Lives

30. What was the last thing you ate? Little Caesar's Pizza. Did I mention Brian is really sick and it's been a really long day? :)

31. Ok, both people skipped #31. Hmm...

32. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Blue- it's my favorite color
33. How is the weather right now? I don't know. It's after 10pm and my blinds are closed. Oh wait, the Weather Channel online says 58 degrees.

34. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Dr. Mizel, Marshall's G.I. doctor

35. Favorite soft drink? Barq's Root Beer. I used to love Dr. Pepper but I quit caffeine and now I love to drink Barq's

36. Favorite restaurant? California Pizza Kitchen

37. Hair color? brown

38. What was your favorite toy as a child? I think it was Lite Brite. I also remember how much I loved playing with Little People and Legos.

39. Summer or Winter? Summer because winter is SO HARD on Marshall's sensory problems.

40. What the heck? They skipped 40. Oh well, less for me to do. :)

41. Chocolate or Vanilla? Vanilla. Especially in ice cream because then I can put caramel on it and other yummy stuff.

42. Coffee or tea? Neither. I love Stephen's Hot Cocoa..the mint flavor...ooooohhh so good.

43. Do you want your friends to email you back? No I'll just settle for a comment or just having them do this on their blog so I can read about them.

44. When was the last time you cried? I rarely cry but the other day, the stress just got to be so much and I cried as I prayed for strength. I'm not good at praying but I'm working hard on that.

45. What is under your bed? A rolling tote with some clothes in it.

46. What did you do last night? I was too busy once again. I got asked to play the piano for a baptism so I ran over to the church for that. It was kind of funny because the guy getting baptized was quite a BIG guy and the friend he had asked to baptize him was a skinny, scrawny dude. The guy's toes kept coming up and they had to do the baptism over and over again. I tried not to laugh so I just chuckled softly to myself. The poor missionaries were trying so hard not to laugh too.

47. What are you afraid of? Like Candice, I'm afraid of bugs. Also, spiders and bees. My biggest fear, however irrational it is, is that my Ex will show up one day and try to take Nathan. I've been told over and over again not to worry about it but subconsciously I can't help worrying about it.

48. Salty or sweet? Either is fine with me. Or put them together in Honey Roasted Peanuts. Yumm.

49. How many keys on your key ring? Do you care about my key ring? Honestly, who does?? Ok fine. I have 4 keys but I only know what 2 of them go to.

50. How many years at your current job? I've been a stay at home mom for 5 1/2 yrs. I've been a babysitter for a couple weeks now too. :)

51. Favorite day of the week? Sunday. We make it different and I love us all being together.

52. Do you make friends easily? I guess, but I don't really feel like I have close friends. You know, the kind you hang out with on purpose? I suck at communication especially when I'm nervous. Then I say the wrong things. We don't have to worry about having the house clean because nobody ever comes over. Ok, except Candice and Ron when they are dropping off/picking up their kids, and a bunch of kids in the summer came here a lot but they just make messes and don't care if it's clean.

53. How many people will you send this to? I don't know how many people will read it. I have 5 people following my blog so I guess at least 5.

54. How many people will reply? I don't' know but tell me so I can read yours if you do it.

55. Do you like finding out all this stuff about your friends? Yes if I have time to sit down and read it.

You made it. Pat yourself on the back! Now tell me all about you!

1 comment:

Teri said...

We have the same car the Kia Sedona. But mine is red with grey running along the bottom...and bucket seats work for us...less screaming in the car. :)

This was so fun to read. We still have lots in common. I love Glenn Beck and I haven't seen his show in quite awhile (I did see his show that aired in the movie theater. AWESOME!!).