


I am so grateful that the community comes together in times of trouble. Earlier this week, I posted about Christian and Stephanie Nielson, who were involved in a terrible plane crash. The flight instructor, who was with them, died. The Nielsons are still in critical condition. Their bodies are badly burned and it's still tough to say if they will survive. For updates on her condition, you can look at her sister's blog-
C Jane
Yesterday, we had a Celebration of Hope for Christian and Stephanie. Their 4 young children were there with the wonderful family members who are caring for them while their parents are in the hospital. There were balloons everywhere and we let them go with messages to the Nielsons. The people who came, donated money. The 2 little girls in the picture are 2 of the 4 Nielson children. They are holding the jars of money that was donated. The people at that event donated $1131.18 to help this unfortunate family. My prayers are with this family. I pray that the parents will recover and be able to raise their young children. I'm sure the kids miss them so much!
5 comments:
The Nielson's are a wonderful family. I love the picture of the girls. This idea was wonderful. It is great to see so many people come together. We wanted to go to the one that they had here in Arizona, but we had previous plans. I think we are going to have our own balloon release for FHE tomorrow.
I'm so glad you were able to go to the big launch yesterday, I just started crying when I saw the picture of the girls. I can't believe they are there and not here. This thing so hard to get my head wrapped around!
Hello Aprilyn! Thanks for your comment at my blog. I would love to sent balloons into the sky, but the shop with the gasballoons was closed, so I decidet to make these little ships. Because the kanal where we've been is my favourite place in the city, so the ships matched perfectly. I really felt like I had to do something for Nienie and her husband, because she gave me so much with her blog and her emails she sent me from time to time. I'm really sad because of what happened to her and I hope one day I can read her blog again. If you read my blog from time to time, maybe you can fresh up your german knowledges... I write everything in german and in english, so you can try to understand! :-)
Many greetings from munich! Yours, Katja
It IS amazing to see how people reach out to support one another in times of crisis. So neat that you got to be there!
That is great that so many came out in their support and donated $$.
Post a Comment