Monday, August 18, 2008

Hail the Conquering Hero


Well, Nathan survived his 1st day of school. He said he kind of felt like a new kid but he did have a good day. I made him promise not to complain in Math because I knew he would be far ahead of the kids in his class. I didn't realize just how far ahead he would be. He said today they learned about place values. He learned that in the beginning of 2nd grade. This is going to be a really long year. I emailed his teacher to see what we can do. I wish they could make some kind of allowance and let him go up to at least the 5th grade for Math. The said thing is, he could easily do 6th grade math too. OH BOY! I KNOW this was the right decision because socially he can't handle 5th grade. The district is the one who makes the final decision in his placement anyway and they would never move up a boy who has this much anxiety. We will just have to keep praying and working with his teacher, principal, and psychologist.

2 comments:

Vidal's Nest said...

Smart kid! Way to go! He will do better where he is at for now. He probably needs the socialization now. When he hits jr and high school he can pull ahead of the pack

Cindy Price said...

I think Nate will have a great year!! Woo Hoo!!