I tend to over-think stuff. I worry about Nathan's education. A lot. There is no need to worry. Heavenly Father knows us and knows what is best for us. I have to trust in my answer. Brian and I prayed ALL SUMMER long. We felt uneasy about sending Nathan back to the Charter School. We loved the curriculum. We loved that he was challenged but we did not love the out of control behavior at that school. This summer, he got to know some boys in his Cub Scout Pack better. They are from a different ward. We've been combined for almost 2 yrs now but they boys usually do a great job of steering clear of one another. They sit together with boys from their own respective wards. They only want to be on teams with the boys in their ward. Yeah, you get it. So, I don't know for sure when it happened. Maybe it was Day Camp. Maybe it was Night Games at the Stake President's house every Thursday night throughout the summer. Whatever it was, Nathan was able to break that "ward barrier" and make friends with the boys from the other ward. Sending Nate to the charter school really made him more distant from the kids around here. He had another great day at school yesterday. His teacher assured me that she would try hard to challenge him to think through things more. He has a WONDERFUL teacher. Is 4th grade at this school where he is supposed to be? You betcha. I know it is, Brian knows it is, and Heavenly Father helped us know it is. HOORAY for answered prayers. Someone really is up there listening. You just have to listen too so you can hear the answer.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
He's Gonna Have a Great Year!
I tend to over-think stuff. I worry about Nathan's education. A lot. There is no need to worry. Heavenly Father knows us and knows what is best for us. I have to trust in my answer. Brian and I prayed ALL SUMMER long. We felt uneasy about sending Nathan back to the Charter School. We loved the curriculum. We loved that he was challenged but we did not love the out of control behavior at that school. This summer, he got to know some boys in his Cub Scout Pack better. They are from a different ward. We've been combined for almost 2 yrs now but they boys usually do a great job of steering clear of one another. They sit together with boys from their own respective wards. They only want to be on teams with the boys in their ward. Yeah, you get it. So, I don't know for sure when it happened. Maybe it was Day Camp. Maybe it was Night Games at the Stake President's house every Thursday night throughout the summer. Whatever it was, Nathan was able to break that "ward barrier" and make friends with the boys from the other ward. Sending Nate to the charter school really made him more distant from the kids around here. He had another great day at school yesterday. His teacher assured me that she would try hard to challenge him to think through things more. He has a WONDERFUL teacher. Is 4th grade at this school where he is supposed to be? You betcha. I know it is, Brian knows it is, and Heavenly Father helped us know it is. HOORAY for answered prayers. Someone really is up there listening. You just have to listen too so you can hear the answer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am happy for all of you! That's great news!
YEaH for Nathan! He needs a good year this year. Good praying mom and dad!
Woo Hoo!! You are setting a wonderful example for your children by praying and acknowledging the hand of the Lord in your life.
How wonderful! I miss night games! Utah is the only place we have lived where the kids do that!
I am so glad he is where he needs to be!
Post a Comment