Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Dear Mr. Road Construction Dude and Friends



Hi, this is your friendly neighbor. The one watching you tear up my road yet again. Yes, I realize it's not technically MY road but I do live here and occasionally, I have need to drive on this road. I just have one favor to ask. CAN I PLEASE HAVE MY ROAD BACK? Ok, I know you're busy. Can you at least not park in the middle of the street? Please? Oh, I know I'm asking a lot but if you tear up a hole in my front yard, will you do me a favor and NOT cut through my sprinkler pipes with a hacksaw. Yeah, that'd be nice. Thanks. I know I'm asking a lot. I know you just have a job to do but when you do construction on ALL SIDES of my street and the adjoining ones ALL SUMMER, how do I get anywhere? Today, I walked. Thanks so much. Have a great day. Happy paving! That means you're almost done!!! HOORAY! Oh, and while you're at it, could you please finish up that other major road you guys were working on? I'm seriously thinking our city has the wrong nickname. The sign that welcomes you to our lovely city says: City: Family Town, USA. I was thinking maybe you could change it to: Town of Never Ending Road Construction Also fitting would be: City of Detours. Yeah, I like that one. The only problem is their Detour signs need detours!! Don't think of this as complaining. It's really just constructive criticism in disguise and we all need to take that a little better don't we? City of Mystery sounds a little nicer, doesn't it? That's because it's a mystery each day how we manage to get out of our driveway and go anywhere!!!

1 comment:

Paige said...

Love it! Here, here!