The bus pulled up and it was time for him to go. He decided this was not a good plan anymore. I felt so bad leaving him on that bus but I know it's what is best for him. He also has all new teachers at the school. It's been a rough week for him. It was bad enough that the bus driver and aide are new. The next day he went to school, there was a different aide on the bus. As we walked to the bus and Marshall saw someone leaning out the bus to help him get on, he grabbed my hand (something he NEVER does). My independent little son was suddenly not so independent. Again, I had to physically lift him and put him on the bus. Poor guy.
I hope next week goes better.
6 comments:
Aw-he's so cute! How did it go? Well, you can write about it when you're feeling better!
Ohhhh he's a big boy now!! He looks so cute waiting for his bus.
Ricky gave us trouble the last half of last year. He'd run and cry and fight me and I'd have to walk on the bus and hold him down and strap him in. It was exhausting physically as well as emotionally.
This year I changed schools to a bigger better classroom, a teacher that used to be Ben's so I knew her and that she'd mesh well with Ricky's personality, etc and it's been all good so far. Thankfully, change isn't a big problem for him as much as if he gets in a funk about someone or something it's all headin' south from there!
The bus blues...just remember it's the best thing for him. So hard.
Poor guy! Growing up IS hard to do!
...but he grabbed for your hand!! I'd take that as a selfish win for you! He flipped his switch for just a second...and went for you>> Woo Hoo!
Wow, I think it is great that he knew and could express that he "hates change"!! I'm sure he will adjust quickly!! Enjoy your time alone!!
Post a Comment