Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Arbitration Here We Come

The Insurance Adjuster called again today. Apparently, the other guy's insurance company is trying to claim the accident was 50/50 in the fault department. The lady said that I ran a red light too! WHAT THE HECK?! I was in the intersection on a yellow light. Then, when it was clear, I turned left. It's not my fault the dude ran a red light. So in the meantime, we have to pay our deductible ($500..ouch!) and get our car fixed. Then, when we go to Arbitration, they will decide who was at fault. If it turns out that I am less than 10% at fault, our insurance rates will not go up and the other insurance company will have to pay for our damages. It makes me SO MAD!!!! The two witnesses said the guy ran a red light!! Why can't people just be honest? It's his fault. The witnesses said it is. WHY can't that be good enough?! Grrr!!!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Oooo...accidents are so frustrating! I have been through that case where the other driver isn't honest and it is obnoxious.

Luckily for me in that case, the police report made her story impossible, so that worked in my favor...especially because there were no witnesses to defend me.

Best of luck on having it all resolved as happily as possible. And hope you are feeling 100% ASAP. Glad there wasn't any major damage to either you or Marshall.

big8smiley said...

I get so frustrated dealing with that kind of stuff. Dishonest people really make me mad! I hope it works out in your favor - as it sounds like it SHOULD.