This picture has nothing to do with my post but it's a cute picture. Marshall decided to try on my coat one day. I think he looks funny. :)
This week has been nice. Marshall has been in a really good mood lately and he's been eating better too. What a nice relief for us. Marshall has been in feeding therapy with his Occupational Therapist (OT) for well over a year but there came a time when she had helped him as much as she could and she referred us to a Speech Language Pathologist (SLP). We've been seeing her for about 2 months now and so far things seem to be improving. (Cross your fingers!!!) He has been eating 3 meals a day and for the most part has been eating enough to sustain life!! We have successfully weaned him off Pediasure, which has helped him actually feel hungry more often. He is a decent weight for his age so we don't need to keep him on Pediasure anymore. Unless of course, he starts losing weight again. Hopefully he will maintain. I just had to share that wonderful news!! We have struggled so much with Marshall over the past 4 yrs and now we're really hoping we are turning the corner with him.
He's still just as hyper as always (which is a lot!!!) and can't sleep without medicine to help, but he's doing so much better. I have to be thankful for the moments.
P.S. If you didn't see the video of Marshall "reading", you should check it out. He's such a character!
3 comments:
YEAH!!! Sounds like great news with Marshall. I am really happy for you.
Awesome. :) I hope it continues. Any progress is great news!
Awesome. :) I hope it continues. Any progress is great news!
Post a Comment