I was in a car accident this evening. I was so scared!! I was in the intersection behind one car and waiting to turn left. The light turned yellow and the car in front of me turned left. I looked at the rest of the oncoming traffic and they were pretty far back and plus, the light had been yellow for a few seconds now. The next thing I remember, I heard a loud SCREECH and then SLAM!!!!!! I freaked out. I was barely even moving when it happened but this guy must have been bookin' it to hit me that hard. His air bag deployed but mine didn't. Marshall was buckled safely in his car seat and seems to be fine, other than really upset. He cried, "I want you to NEVER DO THAT AGAIN, Mommy!!" Poor boy. The officer who gave us the report said that from the witnesses reports and from the looks of the accident, it was the other driver's fault. He is a young man who looks to be about college age. The paper said he's from North Carolina so I assume he's either a student at UVU or BYU.
I have so much to be thankful for. Heavenly Father certainly protected Marshall and I today. I spent the entire day in the car and have been so protected. I am so thankful that Heavenly Father took care of us. Last night, in my prayers, I prayed to know that God knows who I am and that He cares for me. I had been reading my Patriarchial Blessing and wanted to really feel Heavenly Father's love the way I had the day I recieved my blessing. It was wonderful to feel it again and to know that Heavenly Father knows who I am and wants what is best for me. I'm glad that it was best that I be protected today.
As for me, I'm sore. Really sore, but it could've been worse. My neck is tense and hurting on my right side, my right shoulder hurts and a spot above my right breast is VERY tender but it's probably just a bruise. If it doesn't improve, I will be going to the ER but for now, Brian is teaching Astronomy and the boys are happily playing Legos. I'm going to lay down on a heating pad and take more Ibuprofen.
5 comments:
oh my goodness!!! its you!!! come see my blog!!! I cant wait to talk to you!!!
I'm so sorry! What a relief to hear that you are OK, other than the minor injuries. I know that Heavenly Father knows who we are and loves each one of us. You surely WERE protected. I'm sure this isn't how you wanted to be assured, but I'm glad you are still with us. :) GOOD LUCK!
I'm so glad that both you and Marshall are ok. You just never know what can happen. I'm glad that you protected today. Sorry about your bumper, it's good to know that they can be replaced.
I hope you are ok. WHen I was in my accident this past summer I was fine at the scene but within hours I could barely move my neck. I can't tell you how painful it was. I went to Urgent care late that night and got the ball rolling on treatment. 8 months later I finally finished PT but am still getting treatment for my lower back (which that pain came a couple weeks later). I get my last attempt at fixing it this afternoon with a nerve block and if it doesn't work I have to see a spine surgeon. ugh! I can't believe what a minor accident can do.
Anyway, I did end up getting an attorney because the guys ins. co was literally harrassing me and he said it's ALWAYS better to seek care right away-makes the claim easier. I'm glad I did. If your neck doesn't feel super great real soon go get the once over by a physician so it's documented in case you need treatment.
Yeah....my mom bought that DS for Kaydee...we struggled this year so she helped out alot. that was Kaydee's BIG gift from santa :0)
How ARE you!!! I cant believe how big Nate is!!! Its CRAZY the way the grow.....so darn fast!!! Where are you living these days??
Post a Comment