So, we're going out to Red Robin for dinner. Since we are on a diet, we decided to check the nutritional information online before going. HO-LY COW!! I had NO IDEA how many calories were in one of those burgers. Ok, so I've never been there but still...woah! The Red Robin Bacon Cheeseburger sounds yummy. I'd love to have that for dinner. So, I decided to check the calories.

Now, my "diet plan" (more on that later) is to eat only 1,700 calories or less a day. That means I get 400 calories for breakfast and lunch, 200 for two snacks, and 500 calories for dinner. I'm planning to skip my afternoon snack and eat 700 calories for dinner. So, time to figure out the calories. The Red Robin Bacon Cheeseburger comes with a Sesame Bun, Mayo, Beef Patty, Red Robin Seasoning, choice of cheese, tomatoes, bacon strips, and iceberg lettuce. Sounds delicious, doesn't it? I forgot to add that all the burgers come with bottomless steak fries (this adds 400 calories PER SERVING of fries). This delcious burger can be yours for just 1030 calories!! Oh, and let's not forget the drink. Who goes out to eat and just drinks water when they could have all the soda they wanted? Bottomless fries, bottomless drinks, and huge hamburgers. That's what we are all about in America.... Supersize! I never knew how many calories. I never cared before but now that I know how many calories you SHOULD have each day, I'm blown away by how much is in a meal at Red Robin. So, I still want to go out to eat there. I had to come up with a solution. So, I'm going to get a chicken burger with no mayo (I don't like it anyway), no cheese, and no onion straws (which are basically onion ringlets). I can eat 1/4 of the steak fries and drink water. Hmmm...sometimes dieting is really hard. Not so much because of the food but because I really want to drink some yummy lemonade. It's my choice though and my desire to win The Biggest Loser and keep this weight off is stronger than my desire for lemonade.
3 comments:
Hope you enjoyed Red Robin. Thanks for your help with my blog!
Those calorie counts are INSANE! There is no way anyone needs that many calories in one sitting!!!! I always drink water with my meals anyway because I get sick to my stomach with soda and food together. It's too bad I didn't see this post BEFORE you went! I would have suggested the Red's Rice Bowl. It's so good and probably doesn't have as many calories as the burgers. It's usually too much for me to finish and I end up bringing it home. The other good thing about it is that it doesn't come with fries! No temptation. :)
Sounds like you had a great night in the making - especially with a break from the boys! I hope you and Brian had a blast!
hubby and I often share a dish if we can agree on something. Its cheaper on the budget and the waistline that way! Or you can eat half and bring half home.
Yeah it's nutty. Eating out is not good for the most part!
I was just going to tell you that minute maid sells a diet version of lemonade and it is DELISH! For those times when you gotta have one, you can even take a can or bottle into the restaraunt with ya. I've totally done it before with stuff.
Post a Comment