So, last night was our first Pack Meeting with just our own ward and you know what? It was GREAT!! I wasn't nervous AT ALL and we all had a great time. We had 4 boys earn awards and we sang a silly song, had the Bear Den do a joke, and did a Mad Lib with the whole group. After awards, we split into 2 groups and each group played a board game together. We played Monopoly Jr. and Zoob the Game. The little kids all went to another table and played a Memory game where you have to match people's faces. One of the parents noticed that Marshall needed someone to pay attention to him and keep him occupied while Brian and I were busy conducting Pack Meeting. Even though this father has 3 boys (one of which is in the Wolf Den..meaning he's 8), he let Marshall be part of his group of boys. I really love that. I had people in the other ward that would do that too. I'm lucky that way.
All in all, it was a succesful night and I'm SO HAPPY with how it turned out. I still really like the people in the other ward and I miss them but this is going to be just fine. We've got a great group of boys and it's small enough that we can do more fun stuff like outings for Pack Mtg. It's going to be a great year.

Oh, and I wish I had a picture of Nathan getting his awards. He got 5 Webelos Activity Badges and then he was presented with the Religious Knot. To earn that, he had to complete all of the requirements in The Faith In God for Boys book that have a square knot next to them. It was only 7 requirments but we let him take his time getting it. By the time he turns 12, he will have finished all the requirements (6 in each of 3 categories and all of the section Preparing for the Priesthood), memorized the Articles of Faith, written his testimony in the book, and had an interview with his bishop. Not every boy gets this award. It's a lot of work and we are proud of Nathan for earning it. Now I need to designate someone to take pictures of our son at Pack Meeting so we can have something. Next month he will be getting his Webelos Badge and Compass Emblem. His den leaders told him it's OK to slow down a bit. You don't have to earn all the badges in 3 months!! :) That's my boy..
4 comments:
We miss you guys.
Holy Moly!!! That's a lot of stuff to earn in one meeting!!! Good for him!!!
You have been tagged go check out my blog to see the rules!
Wow! That's great for Nathan!
I'd rather have a smaller meeting. There is so much more you can do and with your creativity I'm sure you will have an absolute blast this year. I'm happy to hear it's going well for you!
Post a Comment