I'm trying to get another grant. We got one 1 1/2 yrs ago to pay for the Airwalker Swing but now Marshall has increased his demand for movement. I don't have enough room in the house to swing him high enough or bouncy enough to help calm him. I found this trampoline in a therapy catalog and I know it will help him so much. The problem is, it's REALLY expensive (all therapy stuff is!!). So, I'm desperately searching for some place that gives grants to help pay for these kinds of things. Marshall literally BOUNCES wherever he goes. Either that or he runs. He needs so much more movement than he's getting. I can't get him to sit still for even a few minutes. He is getting more angry too. Winter is so hard on him. He really needs to be able to go outside and jump on our trampoline or ride his bike or just run around the backyard. My poor neighbors who live below me have to deal with a child who can NOT stop jumping. We try to remind him to only use walking feet in the house but he can't help it. If anyone has any ideas for me, please let me know. I'm willing to try raising the money myself but I'm not sure what I could do.
Monday, January 5, 2009
Marshall NEEDS a Trampoline
I'm trying to get another grant. We got one 1 1/2 yrs ago to pay for the Airwalker Swing but now Marshall has increased his demand for movement. I don't have enough room in the house to swing him high enough or bouncy enough to help calm him. I found this trampoline in a therapy catalog and I know it will help him so much. The problem is, it's REALLY expensive (all therapy stuff is!!). So, I'm desperately searching for some place that gives grants to help pay for these kinds of things. Marshall literally BOUNCES wherever he goes. Either that or he runs. He needs so much more movement than he's getting. I can't get him to sit still for even a few minutes. He is getting more angry too. Winter is so hard on him. He really needs to be able to go outside and jump on our trampoline or ride his bike or just run around the backyard. My poor neighbors who live below me have to deal with a child who can NOT stop jumping. We try to remind him to only use walking feet in the house but he can't help it. If anyone has any ideas for me, please let me know. I'm willing to try raising the money myself but I'm not sure what I could do.
Labels:
Marshall,
trampoline
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2334365
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2267485
Cheaper! Maybe you can find one of these on KSL or freecycle.
I wish I had a solution-though this looks like a neat trampoline.
Would one work without a bar? I have one of those from Walmart. My sister-in-law got the one with a bar and her little boy who is 2 really likes it. It isn't an expensive therapy one, though. Is there a difference?
Post a Comment