Brian started the laundry Saturday night for me and I'm really grateful he did but there is one tiny problem. As he transfered the clothes from the washer to the dryer, he found a piece of crayon. THANK-YOU MARSHALL!! We know it was him because there was also a "Minja Turtle" in there. Well, Brian threw away the piece of crayon and hoped he got it all. Unfortunately, that wasn't it. So, I have a pile of clothes with crayon all over them. NOW WHAT??!
How the heck do you remove dried crayon from clothes?? Wouldn't you know it's mostly on my T-shirts (I only own like maybe 7 or 8 shirts to begin with so that takes out half my wardrobe) and on a pair of pants that actually FIT Marshall and he likes to wear.
9 comments:
Oh, my!!
Try this link, and be sure to scroll down where is says ANSWERS!!
http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf000550.tip.html
Good luck!!
WD 40 baby!
http://www.ehow.com/how_2037660_melted-crayons-fabrics.html
to quote my mother growing up, "can't i have anything nice?!"
I found this. I followed one of the links and they said basically the same thing. Let it know how it turned out.
Crayon can be removed from clothing, with treatment, and some patience. A common remover is to use WD-40 oil, that handy household substance for greasing hinges and just about anything else. Oddly enough, sometimes it takes a substance resembling a stain in composition, to help remove it, and both the crayon and oil are petroleum based.
Place the stained area of clothing on white paper towels, and spray well from the outside with your WD-40. Wait 10 minutes, then turn the clothing over, lay the stain on fresh towels if necessary, and spray it again from the reverse side. Wait another ten minutes.
Next, take your liquid dishwashing detergent and work it into the stain, with an old toothbrush. Do this from both sides of the fabric. Wash the item of clothing in hot water, detergent, and a color safe bleach.
Its not worth the work! Shirts are cheap right now for Christmas. I would say buy new clothes. :( Sorry... (Im usually up for anything, but its a lot of work that doesnt usually work that well. My SIL knows this for the same reason)
My answer: What a great excuse to go buy yourself some new clothes!!!
I agree with Donna...time to go shopping....getting those stains out seem like to much work...Wish I could help more.
I have not decided yet what I'm going to do but I'm looking at new clothes. I needed shirts anyway. They all have holes in them. I am really NOT a shopper. I hate shopping but Old Navy has some really good deals on now! Of course, I only buy the men's T-shirts because the women's stuff is either ugly or too low cut for me.
Thanks everyone for the links and suggestions!
Jennifer--I think my Mom probably said that a million times too. She also used to say (in an exasperated tone) FOR PETE'S SAKE!!!! To which we would reply "What's up with Pete?
P.S. I forgot to mention, I have shopping SO much that my husband has to threaten to go buy pink clothes for me so I give up and go shopping. Maybe if I could lose some weight I might not mind shopping so much. Yeah, MAYBE.
YeS! pete was an invisible member at our house too. i always hated that he got more pitty than me. now i have found out that pete actually lays dormant in every womans uterous and is released upon the houshold at the same time as motherhood.
i want to be your personal shopper. i don't understand 1.) hating shopping 2.)only having shirts in the single digits.
you REALLY NEED GIRL BOOTCAMP!
Post a Comment