
I really do not enjoy sewing. I love the finished product and the fact that I did it myself but this is driving me INSANE!! I have 7 pairs of Nathan's pants and one of Brian's to hem. I've never done it before but I've been working on it for 2 hrs and haven't even finished ONE!!! Sewing machines and I aren't exactly buddies. When I was probably 4, I decided to see what it was like and pretended to sew. Unfortunately, I forgot about the part called "MOVE YOUR HAND OUT OF THE WAY"! I sewed right through my hand. I still remember the pain. My dad had to unhook the needle from the sewing machine and try to get it out of my hand (between my thumb and pointer finger). I've kind of been afraid of sewing machines since then. Wish me luck. Maybe I'll finish one today...I hope.
7 comments:
this is the point when you call your visiting teachers for a "lesson" and really you are so busy complimenting them they finish them all without noticing!
Haha. I wish. My visiting teachers are...well, quite "last minute" kinda people. The same lady always makes the appts. She says "Traci and I was wondering if we could come see you tomorrow around 11." It just bugs me that they have ONE day a month and ONE time frame a month when they can see me. I'd just rather they not come at all if that's how they're gonna be.
This might go faster if I didn't have this stupid humongous boot on my foot! Two weeks down, 4 to go until I get another X-Ray.
I'm with you, Aprilyn...sewing machines are a mystery. My mother was a master seamstress, and well...I am not. Keep on trying! I wish I were up there and we could finish our projects together. I'm behind on curtains.
Good luck...don't sew any fingers together....me personally, I don't sew...I can't and don't try. Good luck.
Oh my! I can only imagine the scarring that would occur from such a childhood sewing incident. I would definitely stay away from the machine myself. I'm only now learning to sew by bits & pieces. I always dread bringing the machine out, but love working with it once I get going.
Oh, I'm SO with you on the sewing impatience...and I don't even have your kind of mishap skin sewing of an excuse as you. Ouch. Good luck with that mending.
Aprilyn -- Oh my gosh, it is so good to hear from you! I went to Naperville for Christmas this year and we had a little get-together with Travis and Jason and their families. Your little boys are cute -- I can't believe you have a 9-year old! Glad we're back in touch :)
Post a Comment