Sunday, December 16, 2007

Music and the Spoken Word




Thanks to my wonderful friend Kari, I got 2 tickets to see Music and the Spoken Word. I took Nathan since we didn't have anyone to watch Marshall. The King's Singers were special guests at today's broadcast. After the 1/2 hr broadcast, the choir and The King's Singers did a Mini-concert. IT WAS AMAZING!!! I absolutely LOVED IT!!! THANK-YOU KARI!!!!! I am so happy that Nathan and I got to experience the wonderful spirit of Christmas through beautiful music. It touched my heart and made me really feel like Christmas is here. I'm so incredibly busy and lead quite a stressful life but there, listening to that beautiful music (and watching the awesome dancing too), I was able to think about the reason we celebrate Christmas. Over and over again, I had a prayer in my heart. It was a prayer of thanks for the gift of music that I enjoy. I love listening to music and making my own music too. If they ever release a DVD of this concert, I'll buy it the 1st day! Words really are inadequate to express how wonderful it was to be there and hear that concert.

5 comments:

Cindy Price said...

I'm happy you had that great experience!!! What a wonderful friend to get you tickets!!

Amy said...

I can't think of a better time to get to go to this than the Christmas season. A lovely memory, I'm sure!

big8smiley said...

I am so happy you got to go! My sister gave me tickets to Friday's performance and I was in HEAVEN! The King's Singers really are amazing. Thanks for getting me hooked, Aprilyn.

The arrangement of "O Holy Night" was something else. I have never heard such a beautiful and powerful arrangement. I told Jeremy I'm buying the album for sure, even if only for that song.

Aprilyn said...

Thanks everyone. It was such an awesome memory for me!! Nathan can't wait to write about it in his journal. He's going to tape his ticket in his journal and write about it. He's a good example to me. I need to do more journal writing.

Renee'..I'm glad you love the King's Singers. They are SO amazing. I love how well they blend...HEAVEN!!!
"O Holy Night" was AMAZING!! Gee, everything was amazing. I'm buying it next year when it comes out. I'm even thinking maybe I ought to buy last year's concert. The dilemma now is...do I buy it on DVD or CD??

MommyMert said...

Hooray so glad you loved it! I feel special to be in the blog. hehe... Sorry M was having a hard time after though. Little Stinker. I looked for you... :) We loved it too... xo