My Dad convinced me to come up Christmas Eve (he lives in Fruit Heights which is north of Bountiful) so we could go caroling to the people in my old ward up there. I really wanted to go so I convinced Brian that we wouldn't stay too late since we still had a ton to do to get ready for Christmas. Well, about 1/2 hour after we got up there, it started snowing....BAD! We should have up and left right then and there but we hoped it would get better. Then Diane (my step-mom) suggested we just wait until the snow stops and then go get the stuff and bring it back. She was thinking we'd leave sometime around 3am. Unfortunately, that plan didn't work either. SO, Christmas morning, my kids woke up to NOTHING. Finally around 10am the roads were clear enough to try going home. It was still kinda scary in some places but me made it home. Now Brian had to keep the boys in the car while I ran upstairs to see if Santa had come yet. I had to run around like crazy and just shove everything under the tree. I had only hung 2 of the 4 stockings and couldn't find the other 2 because Marshall had been playing with them. I filled the stockings and just had everyone share. Marshall was happier with less wrapping paper. As it was, we had to make him open up his gifts. We even opened them for him. Christmas was really different this year. I will NEVER go ANYWHERE on Christmas Eve ever again!!
Saturday, December 29, 2007
Snowed in Christmas Eve--
My Dad convinced me to come up Christmas Eve (he lives in Fruit Heights which is north of Bountiful) so we could go caroling to the people in my old ward up there. I really wanted to go so I convinced Brian that we wouldn't stay too late since we still had a ton to do to get ready for Christmas. Well, about 1/2 hour after we got up there, it started snowing....BAD! We should have up and left right then and there but we hoped it would get better. Then Diane (my step-mom) suggested we just wait until the snow stops and then go get the stuff and bring it back. She was thinking we'd leave sometime around 3am. Unfortunately, that plan didn't work either. SO, Christmas morning, my kids woke up to NOTHING. Finally around 10am the roads were clear enough to try going home. It was still kinda scary in some places but me made it home. Now Brian had to keep the boys in the car while I ran upstairs to see if Santa had come yet. I had to run around like crazy and just shove everything under the tree. I had only hung 2 of the 4 stockings and couldn't find the other 2 because Marshall had been playing with them. I filled the stockings and just had everyone share. Marshall was happier with less wrapping paper. As it was, we had to make him open up his gifts. We even opened them for him. Christmas was really different this year. I will NEVER go ANYWHERE on Christmas Eve ever again!!
Labels:
Christmas Eve,
Santa,
snow
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I am glad you made it home safely, we drove back from Ohio on Christmas eve..thankfully it did not snow..the only thing we had to deal with is high winds...that was bad enough..I hope you had a good Christmas....
YIKES!! I feel your pain!
I'm glad it all worked out! ...ish
And your aftermath, looks vaguely familiar! ;)
*sigh*
The joys of christmas...
oh my email is on my blog at the top on the left. :)
Well THAT is a Christmas you'll never forget, huh? What a story! The weather was terrible Christmas Eve and I was worried my family and hubby wouldn't make it home safely. But I'm sure your boys will forget about the drama of it soon and appreciate the toys and love they received- even if it wasn't right at the crack of dawn. :)
PS: Thanks for all your comments on my blog. I love hearing your point of view!
oh my gosh, i'll bet you were STRESSED! someday you can look back and laugh.... but that won't be till you are retelling the story to Marshall's kids!
Glad you made it home safely!
Wow, that had to be so frustrating! I think I would have been freaking out. You covered really well, it sounds like - and at least now you have the memory. :)
Post a Comment