
Elder Robert D. Hales of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles spoke to us today. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Just as there were 12 apostles in Jesus' day, there are 12 now as well. It was wonderful to hear him speak to us tonight. Well, all the talks were great actually.
We were taught by a member of our Stake Presidency that we should teach our children to pray. Not just to pray but to listen for the promptings that come from the Holy Ghost. He challenged us to memorize The Family: A Proclamation to the World and The Living Christ. When we've done those things, he said he's working on memorizing his Patriarchal Blessing. That one may take a while. He suggested that in our Family Home Evenings, we should plan a time each month when we do service for others. It could be neighbors or family members. Service helps us center our life on Christ.
My favorite thing Elder Hales said "The greatest gift you can give is your testimony." We should not be afraid to share our testimony with others. He quoted the scripture in Matthew 5:16 that says "Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven."
I am grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I am grateful that Christ's gospel has been restored to the earth. I'm thankful for the Plan of Salvation that makes it so I can repent and keep trying to be better so I can go back to live with Heavenly Father again someday.
6 comments:
Was he at your stake conference?
YES! Last night at the adult session, I heard so many wonderful talks. Today, Marshall was out of control so I heard NOTHING. Such is life..
Nice...enjoyed your testimony. I am recent convert and feel very blessed for the knowlegde of Christs' gospel. Thanks for posting on my blog. I look forward to reading your Mother's poem.
Sounds like a great talk. Thanks for sharing what you learned. Those are some things we can work on harder at our house.
good for you, what a nice session to attend. i'm sure you absorbed more than Marshall actually let you!
Thanks for this post. Our lesson in Relief Society was on revelation--maybe yours was too. One of the comments was we should ASK and then LISTEN. This was from a very wise single sister who is a professional and very secrue in her life. I appreciated her comment so much because sometimes we forget to ask. And we forget to listen.
My service lately has been to write letters to people who I love and admire. I wrote to four people in my ward last week and three of them caught me at church to thank me. One said it was the nicest letter she's ever had. I couldn't believe such a simple thing meant so much.
Thanks for being willing to share the gospel message.
Post a Comment