Monday, December 3, 2007

How Much of a Tomboy are You?



I doubt you could beat me! I don't wear make up. I occasionally blow dry my hair. I have 4 pairs of pants (3 of which are the same style and color of jeans). I have like maybe 4 shirts now but I am going to buy more tonight. I own 2 dresses and 2 skirts, 2 "nice" shirts for church. I put nice in quotes because one is missing a button on the front and both of them are looking quite worn. I think I've had them 2 yrs now. I own a nice jacket I can wear to church. It's light green! :) OK, I think that's about the extent of my wardrobe. I had a nice pair of shorts this summer from Old Navy but I wore a hole in them. I'm so sad. They were my favorite! Wanna see what kind of shirts I'm buying for myself? Oh, Mary Poppins, you're gonna die! I buy them from the MEN'S Department! I can't help it. I hate the women's style of clothing. Not to mention, I've put on more than a few pounds in my 5 pregnancies. NO, I don't have 3 other children hiding out that I don't talk about. Hahaha! :) Anyway, I just thought I would post that for you, my friend Mary Poppins! Thanks for the offer but I think if I let you be my personal shopper, you would 1) buy me something pink...I SHUDDER AT THE THOUGHT! and 2) spend too much money. When you're the wife of a PhD student, you gotta be cheap. But you should see all the cute stuff I'll buy for my boys!

11 comments:

Practically Perfect In Every Way said...

i hope they put you in young womens and the girls take pitty on you!

1.) i wouldn't buy you pink, but i would try to make you look like a girl.

2.) you obviously don't know just HOW CHEAP I AM! i only buy things that are at LEAST 75% off. i can find a bargain.

3.) i'm going to pray for your wardrobe, it um, how do i say this nicely, is pathetic

ps. what size are you? you can email me if you don't want to post it.

Practically Perfect In Every Way said...

btw, what kind of purse do you carry. (i'm cringing to even ask this)

Aprilyn said...

What's a purse??? I have a diaper bag. Does that count?

I carry a wallet that is breaking apart but it still holds everything in so I'm good. Who needs a purse?

Practically Perfect In Every Way said...

think i'm gonna be sick. -running to bathroom>

Aprilyn said...

Oh, and fat chance of being called to Young Womens. I just got called to be Cubmaster and I'm pretty sure they're not letting me go anytime soon. WOOHOO!! CUB SCOUTS!

Megan said...

I also feel very sorry for your lack of wardrobe! Jen (mary poppins) and I are on our way to Utah right now to help with this situation! cause it is screaming for help!
they have t-shirts in the woman's department.
get rid of the diaper bag and get a plain medium size purse that you can carry just a few diapers in and your SAD wallet it will change your whole perspective.
Jen, she needs an intervention!
don't wear makeup: I am just jealous, but I draw the line at your 3 pairs of jeans in the same style and color. it isn't right you need options

Practically Perfect In Every Way said...

megan: have i told you lately that i love you???? it's almost like we are sisters!

Cindy Price said...

Well, Aprilyn! I'm a tomboy like you!! Except I do have a purse!! With my youngest 20 years old, guess I couldn't get away with a diaper bag!! For a while, I didn't have a purse, just a fanny pack!! I hope it's a comfort to know you're not the only tomboy out there!!!

Aprilyn said...

I can't carry a purse!! I'll lose it! I haven't carried a purse since Jr. High and even then I kept leaving it everywhere.

Aww, it's nice to have concern over me but really ladies, it has been SNOWING here! I did make some improvements...I deleted the mens t-shirts out of my Old Navy shopping bag!

big8smiley said...

You are the same Aprilyn I have always known. I think you could spruce it up a bit without going pink. :)

Maybe you could buy something with lots of pockets and then stuff a bunch of penny candies inside.

Aprilyn said...

Great plan Renee' but only if I can jump in the puddles on the way to the penny candy store. I should probably carry around 2 sacks of something because like you always told me..if someone says "Hey, can you give me a hand?" You can say, "Nope, sorry, got these sacks."