Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A Fractured ankle

I got my foot X-rayed today. It's been hurting forever! I can't even remember when it has NOT been hurting. I went in about a month ago and the doc said it was something to do with the tendon in my foot but that I should stretch it and I'd get better. Well, I didn't get better. It was actually getting worse, so I went in again and he had it X-Rayed today. Apparently I fractured my ankle. Well, no wonder it hurts! I have to wear a boot now. It looks so nice for my concert tonight. NOT.
On a side note, I'm sure your eyes are all singing my praises now that I changed the font color to white. Yeah, I've been meaning to change it for a while but I keep forgetting.

8 comments:

Mom of 3 boys said...

Oh no, I hope you feel better...I know what it is like to break an ankle..I broke the same ankle 3 times, and finally had surgery on it to repair it.....OUCH!!!! Feel better soon...

Aprilyn said...

Thanks Kim. I didn't even know I had fractured it. Strange huh. It's just that my heel and right under my ankle have been hurting for MONTHS now.

Practically Perfect In Every Way said...

seriously you are like a trouble magnet!

is your boot at least PINK? i think that is the only thing that could make your life more painfull.

Farr Family said...

I wondered why you were limping along at the concert. At least you know what the problem is now---eventhough you get to wear a lovely boot for Christmas.

The concert was great, by the way. The kids did a great job.

Amy said...

Ankle injuries are always ultra painful. I've never fractured one, but spraining is enough to make me wince in pain. Hope yours heals quickly.

Aprilyn said...

Jen- Yes, I am a trouble magnet. It's sad but true. And no, my boot is not pink. It's a lovely shade of black and gray...goes well with everything though. :)

Dawn- glad you liked the concert. It was INSANE trying to get the kids to calm down before. I think we should have had them go straight to the gym. I was doing the Hokey Pokey with them to try to get everyone's attention. Did you see my Dad there? I totally forgot you were even going to be there!! DUH ME!!!!! Sheesh! Jenny and Stefanie were there too...what was I thinking??! Probably thinking...I gotta play the piano and I'm not very good at this prelude song!

Amy- I sprained my ankle SO bad once right before we had a trip to Washington D.C. It was A MESS!!!
I couldn't walk and Marshall was only 5 mo. old. My hubby made me promise never to try playing basketball before a trip ever again!

Cindy Price said...

Yikes, Aprilyn!! So sorry. How long do you have to wear the boot? You could dress the boot up with bells!! LOL, just kidding!! I hope it heals quickly.

Farr Family said...

I didn't even think to look for any of your family....duh me! We got there *just in the nick of time* and I had had too much of my wild kids that we bolted out the door as soon as possible. It would NOT have been a good night to re-meet anybody...I'm sure that the look on my face would have frightened them to death.

I wish I could play the piano....not bad enough to take lessons again or really practice but...you know.