
We had our monthly Pack Mtg for Cub Scouts last night and I actually enjoyed it for the first time!! It was great! We had the boys make cars out of boxes and run around the gym racing them. They had to have a pit crew (their family) and had to take 2 pit stops. The first stop was that the pit crew had to rotate the tires (family members had to take the boys' socks and shoes off and put them back on again. The 2nd pit stop was to fuel up. The pit crew had to give the boy a drink of water without the boy touching the cup. It was so much fun and the boys wanted to do it again and again. For the awards ceremony, I had the awards brought in by remote control car. That was a hit with the boys! I had one kid who was new so I had him wheeled up to the front in a wheelbarrow to introduce him to the Pack. I told everyone we were "wheely" glad to have this new boy in our pack. Haha, I know...very funny. Cub Scouts is all about stupid jokes. Last night, one of our boys was advancing to Bears so I had him wrestle a bear. It just happened to be Marshall's bean bag teddy bear. The boy was great!! He wrestled and bear to the ground and then we all cheered for him as he waved his arms around proclaiming his victory! It was a great pack meeting and I'm excited about planning our next one!
Next month is our Blue and Gold dinner which is the biggest event in Cub Scouts. We have to do this on a very small budget but it should be fun. I plan on having Cubs make a dragon and do a parade. I'm also having them make paper lanterns and other decorations and then having some boys do a skit. We have an Arrow of Light Ceremony which is the highest award you can get in Cub Scouts. We will also be crossing over 2 boys from Cubs to Boy Scouts. It should be a busy but fun pack meeting. If anyone has any other suggestions or ideas for me PLEASE let me know. I love getting new ideas!
4 comments:
You sound like a pro at this! I'm in the primary presidency but over the scouts in our ward so it's fun to hear your ideas. I bet the boys love you. Love the new template!
I LOVE your new template!!! It looks great. Your boys are SO stinkin cute. I love it that the pics were taken in your home. I thought they were professional-until I saw all 4 of you in one and am assuming they're taken at home? I dunno-either way, so cute!
Thanks ladies. I think the template is growing on me. I didn't make it so don't give me any credit! :)
Autumn, the pictures were taken at a studio. It's one we've never used before but the pictures were so great we'll definitely use them again!
Hi, I'm just checking in on your life again! The scout ideas were terrific!! I'm in primary, but I'm usually not that creative. Anyway, Christmas sounded fun - you'll never forget the Christmas you woke up to nothing!
Post a Comment