

Today I post 2 pictures. I am thankful for the technology that saved my little boy's life. He was SO small but now look how he's grown! The puppy is the same in both pictures so you can get an idea on how tiny he really was. If it weren't for the NICU team, Marshall would not be alive today.
10 comments:
I can completely relate to worrying when they are born. NICU tend to be over looked because not everyone has a chance to see what they are doing there. You are surely blessed with your child and he has come a long way. May you continue to have blessings over flowing.
That is so awesome! He was so tiny! Thank goodness he's a strong, healthy, growing boy!
I so happy for you that Marshall has come so far. That is so cool that you have that puppy still. What an amazing difference!!
We are grateful for the NICU too!!
Modern Med is a wonderful blessing! Cute boy! :)
Wow. What an amazing blessing. Was he premature? What were the conditions? Nice idea to have the puppy-shows great perspective!
Yes Autumn, he was premature. He was born at 33 weeks gestation and spent 3 weeks in the NICU. He wasn't breathing at birth and had to be on the ventilator for a day. Then he was on oxygen for 3 more days. This picture was taken when he was off oxygen and the bili lights. We weren't even allowed to hold him for 3 days. When we finally were able to hold him, it was only for 30 min. because he couldn't be off the lights that long. It was such a difficult experience. Now we have different trials with him.
Bless the NICU..they do amazing work...You son has come a long way and will grow to be strong and healthy.
I agree with you on modern medicine. And what a wonderful blessing that he is happy and healthy!
Aprilyn, what sweet pictures and blessings to remember. My Braydon was also in the NICU, but only for one week. I can still remember the fear and anxiety I felt- worrying so much about my sweet baby boy. I still remember the neat slide show you emailed us when he was born- it made me cry! I am inspired by your ability to look back and feel blessed by all of this. Marshall is an ADORABLE little boy. I know he can be a handful (that's probably putting it very lightly!) for you, but thankfully, the pictures of his smiles and sweetness can make it all feel worth it. Someday he will be SO thankful for all you did for him as his mother. I know you will get through this tough time. The Lord doesn't give us burdens that we can't handle, even though it may not seem that way. I know you can do it! You have amazing strength. Someday you will be able to teach others about how to parent a difficult child with love. My brother always tells me when I go through a seemingly impossible trial to "keep your chin up- this too will pass." God bless and best wishes with your sweet boys. The Christmas pics are precious!
Thanks Lynn. That is definitely something I needed to hear today. We're having a VERY hard time with Marshall lately. Every time I feel like I'm at the end of my rope, I just pray for a little more strength. I just ask to make it through just one more day. I can't even begin to tell you how frustrating it is to see him behave in ways that there is no denying he has Asperger's Syndrome. I wish I could ignore it and it would go away but it won't.
Post a Comment