Monday, January 14, 2008

Tonight's FHE lesson: The Plan of Salvation

I know there are some people who read my blog who are not Mormons so bear with me. I will post links so you can know what I'm talking about.
Every Monday evening, we do as our Prophet has counseled and have Family Home Evening. Tonight we decided to talk about The Plan of Salvation. In order to help Marshall listen better, I had cutouts with tape on them that he could put on a piece of paper as we discussed each item. We got to the part about the Telestial Kingdom. Our cutouts had a star for the Telestial Kingdom since it's brightness and glory are referred to the brightness of a star. Marshall decided he was going to go to that one because it was a star and his favorite song is "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star." I tried to teach him that what we really want to do is make it to the Celestial Kingdom (pictured as a sun) so we could all be there together forever in the presence of God and his son Jesus Christ. When we finished, he decided to act it all out for us. He went and laid down on the floor and said "Oh, I'm dying. I died. Now I am in the Spirit World.." We got his attention again and said it was time for the closing song. I asked him if he wanted to sing Book of Mormon Stories again and he said "No. I want to sing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star that's bad." TOo funny! He said that because I was trying to convince him that the Telestial Kingdom was bad compared to the Celestial Kingdom. He said "No, I will go to the star one." He loves stars. At least I know he was listening. :)

3 comments:

Susan, Susie, Suz said...

Hmmmm....where WILL Marshall end up? Hee hee! I would have liked to have seen the first-ever preschooler portrayal of the Plan of Salvation.

Mom of 3 boys said...

At least he seemed interested in part of the story...he was listening...and that is great...I wish I could have seem him acting that out...he is so cute....I am not a Mormon but it sounds very interesting.

Aprilyn said...

Susie, I should see if I can get it on video sometime..the Plan of Salvation according to the 3 yr old! :)
Kim- he can be adorable sometimes!! He really makes us laugh. In his prayers, he asked Heavenly Father to "bless the Benson's baby that she will grow big like my head." Our friends, the Bensons had a baby at 25 weeks that weighed under a pound so we've been praying for her. It was so funny. He also says "thank Thee for my animals and my pillow and that my pillow case does not have spiders on it. Please bless help us to get better well." That one makes me laugh..get better well. He's such a little man!
I put in a link to the plan of Salvation (I think). If not, you can find info on Mormon.org. It is a beautiful thing to know where we lived before we came here and where we will go after we die.