Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Blue and Gold Banquet


I love my calling as Cubmaster! We have 2 wards combined for our packs that I am in charge of. We have lots of fun but it sure is a lot of work! I'm excited about our Blue and Gold Banquet coming up. It's going to be great. The theme is Chinese New Year. I've been making table lanterns and planning an Arrow of Light Ceremony. I want the ceremony to be special because it's the highest award given to a Cub Scout. The dinner will be Hawaiian Haystacks and it looks like I need to plan on feeding about 120 people. YIKES! I have no idea how to do this but I've sent sign up sheets around asking people to help cut vegetables. It should be a really crazy but fun night.

4 comments:

Farr Family said...

Do you still need the Costco coupon for chicken? I have one if you need it. I haven't had any luck finding a cord for that laptop. But, my dh says that you can buy one pretty cheap at radio shack or someplace like that.

Let me know about the coupon.

Cindy Price said...

We are having Hawaiian Haystacks at our Blue and Gold also. Tomorrow night is our pinewood derby!! it will be fun, but chaotic, I'm sure!!

Amy said...

Newlywed, newly pregnant, I was put into Cub Scouts and wanted to run away screaming. Three years later I moved away from the calling with much sadness. I loved those boys so...it definitely takes a special something to be a good cub master-I'm sure you're fantastic!

Pam's Place said...

I'm in charge of the food for our B&G, which we will hold late in February. You'll never guess what's on the menu...yup, Hawaiian Haystacks!! Must be inspiration.

We have a Pack Meeting tonight and one of our Den Leaders has arranged for some ROTC members from the local highschool to come in and provide the Flag Ceremony. Our boys do a nice job, but it never hurts to have someone a little more polished to give them a little encouragement. We will have activities dealing with proper flag display, flag care, and how to properly fold the American flag. Then the boys will have some time to help design our new Pack Flag. We just combined two groups and need a new flag.

I'm not actually in the cub scout program, but only the counselor over the cubs. I love being involved, and believe 1000% in the Scout program, all the way thru.