Sunday, January 27, 2008

Goodbye to a Prophet


Our beloved Prophet, President Gordon B. Hinckley died tonight. He was 97 years old and was the perfect example of enduring to the end. Click on Pres. Hinckley's name above to read the press release concerning his death. His wife died in 2004 so I know it was a joyful reunion for him. We will miss him but isn't it wonderful that the death of a Prophet doesn't mean the end of God's church here on Earth? After the funeral is over, a new prophet will be chosen and sustained by the members of the Church. I KNOW that Gordon B. Hinckley was a prophet of God. He taught us the things which God wanted us to hear. I think I will most remember him for his wonderful sense of humor and his desire for more temples to be built. Though I am saddened by the loss of this great man, I know he is SO happy. He lived a long, full life. Now he can be with his dear wife Marjorie. I can't imagine how sweet that reunion must be for them.

6 comments:

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

This is exactly how I feel! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this great man, prophet of God. It will be exciting to see who the Lord qualifies next!

Autumn said...

I know, I will miss him too and agree that it will be a great reunion.

Muum said...

Thanks for swinging by my blog. We are all at a loss without this great prophet, but it is wonderful to think of his reunion with his wife!

Queen Karana said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Your blog is great. I love your kid quotes at the bottom of your side bar. So cute! :)

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

That was my first thought, how joyous his reunion must have been with Marjorie. Then I thought, how many people were waiting to greet him, including the prophet Joseph Smith. Wouldn't you have loved to see all the welcomes? I hope I can be a better person to honor him.

Amy said...

Beautiful testimony...thank you for sharing your thoughts.