Sunday, January 20, 2008

52 Blessings Project, week 3


I am thankful for Brian who is the love of my life and the father to my children. He loves Nathan as if he were his own child. Brian adopted Nathan when he was five. Brian makes me laugh and takes care of me. It took me a long time to find Mr. Right but after 6 years in a bad marriage and a year being single, I finally found him. My Uncle Mack and a family friend of ours called him Mr. Fig because they said he was a figment of my imagination. They hadn't met him but only heard me talk about him. I'm so happy that I get to be Mrs. Fig! :)

9 comments:

Judy said...

Hey, Mrs. Fig!

I'm so happy that you found Mr. Fig! Your mom would must be so grateful that you have a husband that is so good to you and the boys.

Practically Perfect In Every Way said...

what a wonderful blessing!

Mom of 3 boys said...

I am feel we both found our Mr. Fig's....Mine adopted all 3 of my sons from my previous marriage...that I feel is amazing...you are truly blessed!!!

onehm said...

I love this story! You have found a special guy.

I was reading your profile and saw that you grew up in Naperville...I read a blog of another mom who grew up there~ Kristy Glass. Small blog world!

(I found you through Cara!)
Thanks for sharing your story!

Aprilyn said...

Yes, Christy Glass wrote a post about being in Young Naperville Singers and how the director, Helen Grubbs really inspired her. Well, Helen Grubbs was/is my Mother. She died 15 years ago but she touched so many people's lives while she was here.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

A good husband is a great blessing. I'm glad that you him!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Aah, a Newton couple. How sweet.

I'm so happy that some dreams come true.

Cindy Price said...

Brian is great!! I'm so glad you found each other!!

Crissybug said...

See...there is such thing as happily ever after! This is a wonderful reminder that even though things might not work out the first time around...that there is still hope. My sister recently got divorced after almost 10 years of marriage. I hope that she finds a Mr. Fig too!